BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bimmer Enthusiast
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice here. I can buy a used sensor for about $60 while a new sensor is $400+. If it was another part I wouldn't have too much concern but my thinking is that a used sensor might be calibrated from the previous vehicle. So give me some input please.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
I don't think speed sensors get calibrated themselves but I could be wrong. For 60 bucks you can try the used one and if it doesn't work you are just out $60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tippytappy

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
post nine and rock the X to see inputs to speed/yaw sensor

can you get the GT1 up and running ?.....some good tips follow....also ....check the bosch prices if poss....many of these sensors need no set up calibration .....just like the yaw below.....see post 9 about the yaw not needing calibration.....also....many folks use many used sensors

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-for...o-others-5f0c-dsc-sensor-internal-solved.html

Few trips today over 3 hrs and the 4x4/DSC light has stayed out entire time. This evening I hooked up GT1 again to confirm my earlier question.
YES the angle sensor does report data LIVE in GT1 when it is working correctly Control Units -- DSC-->Sensors-->select them all. Gentle shaking or rocking of the X while parked with key ON (motor off) shows values updating quickly for both Rotational rate and Transversal acceleration. Few days ago when the 4x4 / DSC light was ON (GT1 found DSC - 5F0C DSC : DSC sensor, internal -Fault currently present) both of these numbers were measuring fixed at 0.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
post 9 in above ....no cal needed text

Premier Member

Junkycosmos is on a distinguished road
SOLVED: indeed turned out to be the YAW Sensor / Speed Sensor / Acceleration Sensor (BMW # 34526777435)

Last weekend I replaced the sensor which is under the center console. Did not require any programming or coding. Just swap the sensor and you are back in business.

·
Registered
33 Posts
question.

how did you come to the conclusion its a sensor fault?

confirm sensor fault first. no point buying a second hand sensor and second guessing yourself whether its a dud used sensor.

if you have diagnostic equipment and it giving you a left rear sensor fault for argument sake, see if you can swap it with the right rear to see if the fault moves with the sensor.

after you have confirmed there is a bad sensor on the car, a $60 sensor that works is great.

no calibration needed, just meed to clear faults from fault memory.

good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.