BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the radiator, expansion tank and fan only to get the sprocket light come on. I discovered that the A/T oil cooler is cracked and I am trying to determine if I can replace it myself or if that is something I have to take it to a shop for. I attempted to disconnect the hoses but had no luck.

Trying to get my baby running again, any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
Look on Google or YouTube for a DIY I would myself but I'm at work. Here is the input I can give.

Drain your coolant CIA blue drain plug. Disconnect the A/T cooler lines your going to have to work at them. The cooler is mounted the the Rad via a bracket, remove it. Not the best info sorry

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Bimmer App

·
Living Life At The Beach
3,809 Posts
If you are having trouble with the connectors, I suggest you bring it to a shop. You will lose trans fluid when you replace the cooler, and on these cars there is is no dipstick to add trans fluid. You have to go under the trans and find fill plug to add fluid. If you do not follow the correct procedure, trans up to proper temperature, correct fluid ect, you could damage the transmission. Much cheaper to get someone to do the job correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts