BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '11 X5 5.0i right rear taillight lens was smashed recently in the Tyson's parking garage...and no, I wasn't double parking. My local SA informed me the lens itself cannot be individually replaced, but the entire taillight assembly which is approx. $400-ish. Any validity to the SA's recommendation? Next thing you know, the entire trunk lid will also need replacing for a minor badge replacement....Thanks!!

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
That's true, gotta replace the entire assembly.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The malicious act took place at Tysons I. If it were Tysons II, pardon would have given since my X5 would be considered "modest" amongst the other European imports. I just don't get these people...tis the season of giving! Oh well, shiet happens. The E46 windscreen will have to wait till next year.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My '11 X5 5.0i right rear taillight lens was smashed recently in the Tyson's parking garage...and no, I wasn't double parking. My local SA informed me the lens itself cannot be individually replaced, but the entire taillight assembly which is approx. $400-ish. Any validity to the SA's recommendation? Next thing you know, the entire trunk lid will also need replacing for a minor badge replacement....Thanks!!
Were the inner and outer assemblies smashed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The malicious act took place at Tysons I. If it were Tysons II, pardon would have given since my X5 would be considered "modest" amongst the other European imports. I just don't get these people...tis the season of giving! Oh well, shiet happens. The E46 windscreen will have to wait till next year.
really sorry to hear that.. just picked up my x5 and it's still a mall 'virgin' guess I'll still drive the e90 for shopping trips there..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
SMW
86 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You can get that part from getbmwparts.com for $130. Why take the chance on a used ebay part thats questionable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.