BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched...I found several threads - all said go to the dealer - at least the ones I read thru.

However, I know I've seen on the web (possibly in another BMW forum that no longer exists) instructions as to how to get in and change many of the settings

auto lock
beep on unlock
beep on lock
lights flash on lock
lights flash on unlock
etc
etc

I'm now close to ending my extended coverage and figured its finally about time I disabled the very annoying beep on unlock (why advertise I'm unlocking my car?) even when using the key (does it for the remote too). Had to park outside for a few days and while I don't lock in my garage, I did when on the street. My neighbors weren't too happy with my car beeping every morning as I unlocked it - and neither was I.

I *know* I can change that - but I'm not going to go to the dealer to pay to have it done, when I can do it myself.....
I used to have the forum printed out from that other site, but I can't locate the hardcopy now....

So - finally my request for help - can someone provide/point me to the right thread where I can attempt this myself? (pls no - you need to go to the dealer)

2006 X5 3.0i MID computer - not the NAV system.

Much appreciated!

·
Not Here Anymore
5,203 Posts
I searched...I found several threads - all said go to the dealer - at least the ones I read thru.

However, I know I've seen on the web (possibly in another BMW forum that no longer exists) instructions as to how to get in and change many of the settings

auto lock
beep on unlock
beep on lock
lights flash on lock
lights flash on unlock
etc
etc

I'm now close to ending my extended coverage and figured its finally about time I disabled the very annoying beep on unlock (why advertise I'm unlocking my car?) even when using the key (does it for the remote too). Had to park outside for a few days and while I don't lock in my garage, I did when on the street. My neighbors weren't too happy with my car beeping every morning as I unlocked it - and neither was I.

I *know* I can change that - but I'm not going to go to the dealer to pay to have it done, when I can do it myself.....
I used to have the forum printed out from that other site, but I can't locate the hardcopy now....

So - finally my request for help - can someone provide/point me to the right thread where I can attempt this myself? (pls no - you need to go to the dealer)

2006 X5 3.0i MID computer - not the NAV system.

Much appreciated!
What you've listed appears to be settings which are owner configurable on the E70 series. To my knowledge there's no easy means for the owner to program these settings on the E53 series.

However there have been threads on programming BMWs so I would recommend searching on programming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.