BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Iam Thinking Of Buying A 2006 325 I, It Has A 6 Speed Manual And Leatherette Seats . IT ALSO HAS THE SPORTS PACKAGE.Will THE MANUAL TRANS AND THE SEATS Hurt The Resale Value. It Has 27000 Miles

·
Registered
107 Posts
nah . but you know old bmw's are worthless.

The maintenance cost to keep a CPO/Extended warranty is too much.

Thats why bmw leases and sells you safeguard/safelease.

zero worries; no out of pockets. just enjoy the ride and hit sufficient nails yearly.

Car is a depreciating asset but bmw 3 series are the best of the best (well for now) in that class. so relatively speaking its not the worst decision to buy. But it is a bad decision to buy imo.

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
Iam Thinking Of Buying A 2006 325 I, It Has A 6 Speed Manual And Leatherette Seats . IT ALSO HAS THE SPORTS PACKAGE.Will THE MANUAL TRANS AND THE SEATS Hurt The Resale Value. It Has 27000 Miles
It will most definitley hurt resale value.

However, it sounds perfectly optioned to me!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,961 Posts

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
Resale value is not all about $.

It's also about desireablility and how difficult will a certain vehicle be to sell.

A BMW optioned the way the OP posted above would be hard to sell unless you found an enthusiast or a poor badge whore.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I thought the sports package included leather sport seats. But maybe that was just for my '06 330i.

There are still a lot of us that preffer the manual transmission and the leatherette is pretty nice. In any case, you are buying used and will sell used, so I don's see a depreciation problem - the original owner took care of that. I assume you are looking at ~$23K for that car.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 2006 with sports pkg and manual transmission and I LOVE IT ! its so much fun to drive and the engine really pulls who cares about resale value, you need to "pay to play"

·
Registered
199 Posts
Heh, should probably wait for a the plug-in electric BMW in 2023 if you want resale value :)

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
Resale value is not as good as it once was due to fuel prices and the current economy - BMW's are luxury vehicles for a lot of the buying public. The economy will improve, but don't buy a car as an investment anyway.

At any rate, you're already buying a used vehicle so unless you overpay you should be fine as long as you plan on driving it for several years - most of the worst depreciation on that vehicle has already occurred.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Wasnt Necessary Worried About The Value But I Would Like To Know That It Would Sale In If I Sell It In A Couple Years. Ive Seen Some Autos Given Away At A Steal Because They Could Not Be Sold And The Average Person Doesnt Buy A Bmw. Im In Unknown Territory Since This Will Be My First Bmw Purchase

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,961 Posts
I thought the sports package included leather sport seats. But maybe that was just for my '06 330i.

There are still a lot of us that preffer the manual transmission and the leatherette is pretty nice. In any case, you are buying used and will sell used, so I don's see a depreciation problem - the original owner took care of that. I assume you are looking at ~$23K for that car.....
Nope. If your 330 has leather it was either ordered as a stand alone option or you also have the premium package.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,961 Posts
I Wasnt Necessary Worried About The Value But I Would Like To Know That It Would Sell In If I Sell It In A Couple Years. Ive Seen Some Autos Given Away At A Steal Because They Could Not Be Sold And The Average Person Doesnt Buy A Bmw. Im In Unknown Territory Since This Will Be My First Bmw Purchase
Capitalizing every word makes your posts annoying to read.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,865 Posts
The leatherette may hurt...

but the 6-spd will not. From what I've seen autos and manuals go for the same price. There are plenty of people who want a manual and won't easily find one. I sold my own '05 330i Premium (Leather)/Cold/6MT no SPORT, 34000 miles 2 months ago for $26500. I had no problem finding a buyer for the 6MT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts