BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

So I recently had my drivers side light control module replaced due to condensation issues :mad:

The issue I'm seeing now is that the daytime running LED is flashing. I'm trying to figure out how ti get this reset?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Yup.
538 Posts
When you refer to the DRLs, you are talking about the angel eyes (the rings), yes?

Do you have aftermarket bulbs installed?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The angel eyes don't have any issue, it was the low beam bulb which is an OEM bulb. The original issue stemmed from the module frying out due to condensation and disabling my low beams.

·
Yup.
538 Posts
so by LED I assume you were referring to the light in your instrument cluster, gotcha.

Like this?

If so, is it always flashing, or does it simply come on intermittently, like every few minutes? And did you have this light on when you got the car back from the light control module being replaced?

I am not familiar with a reset procedure for the adaptive lights, but I have had parts replaced, and then simply cleared the code.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I am referring to the LED green light that is on the actual position 1, 2, 3, 4 dial on the right hand side. I just got back from the shop and they stated the issue is that there is water damage within the adaptive motors of the housing. Basically the lights are functional but will but adjust horizontally or vertically, which means I need to change the housing.

·
Ducati fills my BMW's gap
415 Posts
Actually I am referring to the LED green light that is on the actual position 1, 2, 3, 4 dial on the right hand side. I just got back from the shop and they stated the issue is that there is water damage within the adaptive motors of the housing. Basically the lights are functional but will but adjust horizontally or vertically, which means I need to change the housing.
Please update on what ended up happening and how much did you spend? My led is blinking now...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please update on what ended up happening and how much did you spend? My led is blinking now...
SO the blinking eventually went away (few days) however because of the condensation issue I had with assembly I believe my adaptive features are disabled. I recently purchased a used assembly off ebay for $400 and am hoping to have it installed in the next few days.

·
Michael
2,518 Posts
Blinking Led

The blinking green Led is the auto on for the lights, used in conjunction with the light sensing diode in the mirror unit, causes the lights to come on automatically say when entering a tunnel.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well guys, when I had the issue, blinking LED went away after a few days but I did notice (especially in the evenings) the ability of the adative headlights to move laterally was limited (drivers side). This was incomparison to my passenger side that did not exhibit any issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Adaptive headlight movement

To avoid blinding oncoming traffic, the Adaptive
Light Control does not swivel to the driver's
side when the vehicle is at a standstill.

This is copied out of my X5 owners manual.....could that be the issue you are having?:dunno:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I replaced both L and R headlights and adaptive feature did not work and I always had the headlight error on each startup with blinking light at headlight switch.
a simple coding procedure if you know NCS Expert. Simply go to the module and recode.
The replacement AHL definately needs to be coded to work....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.