BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Good Morning guys,
Is there anyway to reset the brake pad due for maintenance service as well as all other service, because I mainly do the Maintenance myself. I know that for oil change, i can do it by holding onto the needle when i turn the key ignition. However, I was wondering what kind of OBD or software that can enable me to reset all others myself, so that the next time a maintenance comes near, it will remind me that it's time to maintenance again, such as brake pads for example. I don't bring it to the BMW dealer, therefore it's something i'm trying to avoid since i'm a DIY guy like many of you out there.

Thank You

·
What cha der ner?
57 Posts
Do you iDrive in your car?
Try searching on youtube and you will find all the information you need, i know i did and saved me a ton.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Yborg, Thank you again. Yes I have IDRIVE in the car. Any youtube direct link. I looked around, i seen alot of useless ones:) hehe. Thank you much appreciated.

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,310 Posts
Hi Good Morning guys,
Is there anyway to reset the brake pad due for maintenance service as well as all other service, because I mainly do the Maintenance myself. I know that for oil change, i can do it by holding onto the needle when i turn the key ignition. However, I was wondering what kind of OBD or software that can enable me to reset all others myself, so that the next time a maintenance comes near, it will remind me that it's time to maintenance again, such as brake pads for example. I don't bring it to the BMW dealer, therefore it's something i'm trying to avoid since i'm a DIY guy like many of you out there.
The calculation function ("10,000 miles to brake change") can be reset. However, once you wear through the pad sensor, the only choice is to replace it (or short the ends together).

·
BMW 4 LIFE
1,518 Posts
This is for brakes but same process for other services..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92IttwOuRiQ
Use this similar process but use the BC button to scroll the menu to select which maintenance interval you want to reset. Once you select the correct item , hold down the BC button again and wait until it resets...5 seconds or so. Simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts