BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading another thread, I started thinking about residual value v. realistic value. I have a 2015 328 x-drive base model, leased for 36 months with 20k miles/year. On my lease document, the agreed residual is approximately $23k. I highly doubt a low optioned 3 year old 328 xdrive with 60k miles will be worth anywhere near 23k. ASSUMING the car has been trouble free and I want to finance a purchase of it, can I get the car for its real world realistic rate and save a significant amount of $$$? Basically turn the car back, let BMW CPO the car, and then magically buy it back from BMW/dealer before it even hits the used car lot?

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
What is RV% for this lease?

Many posts mentioned that they negotiated discounts off of RV during lease end buyout, so it is possible based on market conditions. It looks like F30's 3-year lease RV is 10% more than FMV(e.g. 55% vs 65% wrt MSRP) at least in CA. However do note the bank fees plus interest, even with favorable RV and cap cost and rate, runs around 10%, so the RV discount needs to be 10% to break even with cash purchase.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
They call it dynamic pricing. 90 days out from lease end you can reach out via the dealer (who serves as the intermidiary between you and bmwfs) re: 'actual' price to buy the car at lease end. My cars rv is $23k for a 320i w/ only sport pkg and moonroof with 10k miles per year. Reakistically itll be worth about $18k. If i could get it for that price id prob just buy it but i doubt they would go that low.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe the RV% is 63%.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
RV is around 12-15% off from real value. Realistically the car loses about 45-50% of its value in the first 3 yrs

20k miles a year is really going to accelerate that drop in value. 3 year old car with 60k mi on it is crazy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.