BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the July residuals for the 2016 X3 and X5 for 36/ 15k?

What about the residual for a 2017 X3 for 36/15k?

Thanks.

·
Registered
956 Posts
2016 x5 36/15 = 57%

·
Registered
4,941 Posts

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
But didn't they drop the $3,500 lease credit on the 2017 x3 ?
Yes they did... but I think the residual was like 52% when they had that 3500. Really depends on if you are leasing or buying, and if the most important thing to you is a lower payment, or a lower total cost if you were to buy it at the end.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
yes they are X5 are usually mid to low 50's...
Yes, that's about right.

All year they have been around 57% and 58% for 15k miles, so not much movement for X5.
Maybe towards the end of the model year but usually not that generous when they first come out. Besides, they really don't need to support the X5's. They can't make them fast enough. That's their big problem in the U.S. The market shifted faster than they could change gears.

Last year X-series models accounted for 33% of total U.S. sales and this year they are projected by BMWNA to account for 40% of U.S. sales but production capacity is lagging sales. That's why they're going to produce more of them overseas to add to total worldwide production capacity.

Right now they need to push the current F10 5-series, especially if they intend to continue producing them through October. It looks like they're doing exactly that.

:)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes, that's about right.

Maybe towards the end of the model year but usually not that generous when they first come out. Besides, they really don't need to support the X5's. They can't make them fast enough. That's their big problem in the U.S. The market shifted faster than they could change gears.

Last year X-series models accounted for 33% of total U.S. sales and this year they are projected by BMWNA to account for 40% of U.S. sales but production capacity is lagging sales. That's why they're going to produce more of them overseas to add to total worldwide production capacity.

Right now they need to push the current F10 5-series, especially if they intend to continue producing them through October. It looks like they're doing exactly that.

So exactly my point, not "insanely" high for X5 since they don't need support and 8 months of this year they are about 57% /58% :)

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
So exactly my point, not "insanely" high for X5 since they don't need support and 8 months of this year they are about 57% /58% :)
You could say that the X5 residuals are more realistic than most other residuals, with the exception of the M2 residuals. Have you seen those? Boy are they low. If you lease one of those, you're doing it with the expectation that you intend to keep it at the end of the lease because giving it back to them at that residual would be crazy. :yikes:

The 2017 M2 36/15k residual = 44%.

The 2016 M2 36/15k residual = 46%.

Maybe expect them to come back with "hard" miles?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
All year they have been around 57% and 58% for 15k miles, so not much movement for X5.
Dont think this is accurate, as I am fairly certain my residual for my wifes X5 which was leased in January of this year (2016 model year) was either 57 or 58 for 10K miles, not 15k miles.

That would make 15K miles 54 or 55.. dont feel like pulling out the contract to check it but I remember it being either 57 or 58 and I KNOW we have 10k miles. Of course, at hat particular time in january we got 3k in lease incentives (in addition to the 1k in loyalty credit and 1k in corporate discount).

So, Socal, I think you are mis remembering the residuals for 15k.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
duplicate

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
That would make 15K miles 54 or 55.. dont feel like pulling out the contract to check it but I remember it being either 57 or 58 and I KNOW we have 10k miles. Of course, at hat particular time in january we got 3k in lease incentives (in addition to the 1k in loyalty credit and 1k in corporate discount).
Your residual on that 2016 X5 for 36/10k was 58%, your MF was .00131, you got a $1,500 option allowance and a $1,500 winter adder. Plus you say to got a $1,000 owner loyalty credit and the corporate discount. In other words, you did quite well for yourself. Congratulations! :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Your residual on that 2016 X5 for 36/10k was 58%, your MF was .00131, you got a $1,500 option allowance and a $1,500 winter adder. Plus you say to got a $1,000 owner loyalty credit and the corporate discount. In other words, you did quite well for yourself. Congratulations! :thumbup:
I felt I did, yeah. Thats why I am hoping for a trade assist on the new vehicle they ordered for me vs haivng to re work a new deal. Dont have confirmation on that from the sales manager I am working with, but we could not find a car in stock anywhere that had the options my wife wanted, and dealer had a couple of allocations for 2016 X5s, so he modified one with what we wanted.

I let him do it, because I have not signed anything yet.. if it does not work out how I want, I dont have to take that car. He wanted to get ordered to make sure we had a car we wanted ready while he works with BMW NA on the financial part. We did this over the phone, after he could not find a car that the wife wanted. Gave me a production number on the spot.

Pretty happy with how that is going so far actually, but dont know final deal yet.. but now feel they are going to take care of me one way or another so that I will be happy:thumbup:

EDIT : sorry for off topic post.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My point again, was the statement with the word "insanely " meaning crazy good, or hard to achieve. The above example is a pretty good example of a deal that is close to what is offered now. Certainly a deal this month is not "insanely " better than JJ January deal. I guess one can argue what degrees separate a good and bad deal? Also, as Ninong explained, it depends if one want to turn in the lease at the end, or purchase.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
You could say that the X5 residuals are more realistic than most other residuals, with the exception of the M2 residuals. Have you seen those? Boy are they low. If you lease one of those, you're doing it with the expectation that you intend to keep it at the end of the lease because giving it back to them at that residual would be crazy. :yikes:

The 2017 M2 36/15k residual = 44%.

The 2016 M2 36/15k residual = 46%.

Maybe expect them to come back with "hard" miles?

Ouch BMW is hoping that those cars are returned...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts