Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've carefully viewed more threads on this issue, but unable to find a solution, so here i am again seeking guidance.

I have a crack on the resonator and i'm being told that i need to get the entire muffler/exhaust assembly. + noone wants to just weld it for me even though some people said i should be ok with a weld job.

Please let me know whats the best way to handle this situation. So far, i've spoken with AAA, Meineke, Midas and they're all leaning towards an entire replacement of the muffler/exhaust.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
What was that?
911 Posts
From the pictures you provided, looks like any shop with a MiG or TiG welder can fix that in maybe 3 minutes... 30 min if you include taking the exhaust apart, and putting it back on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I found online too, but no one in Charlotte, NC wants to do that weld job and are in it for more money to actually replace it, charge me labor cost and all.
but I do appreciate the response that it can sure be fixed by a weld job.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,808 Posts
Find a WELDER...not an exhaust shop.

·
What was that?
911 Posts
Charlotte is the capital of NASCAR - there’s got to be a thousand fabrication shops around.

Look around a bit more maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys,
So, I did some digging around and found a small shop that does body repairs and weld.
lucky for me, they can take down the entire assembly, weld the resonator, install back for $150. I'd say that's fair price ya, compared to 1. BMW, 2. AAA and other shops, and 3. No one else wants to do it.

Thanks again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts