BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I understand the UUC exxhaust, it has two sections - one that repalces the rear muffler and another that replaces the center resonator. Does anyone make a replacement section for the resonator (can you buy this from UUC)? Since I only want a deeper exhaust note, that would seem to be a whole lot cheaper.

·
10,856 Posts
If all you care about is useless noise, then unplug the exhaust valve on your tailpipe. There is a hose that connects to the valve assembly on the right pipe. Just pull the hose out and plug it and you'll get all the tasteless noise you could possibly want. (Lots and lots of basso rumble.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not looking for useless noise, just the exhaust note that would have been present if it weren't for overly restrictive sound level laws in Europe.

The 3 hp or so power gain comes at a pretty expensive price. I was looking for a simple, cheap fix.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
gaskillj said:
I'm not looking for useless noise, just the exhaust note that would have been present if it weren't for overly restrictive sound level laws in Europe.

The 3 hp or so power gain comes at a pretty expensive price. I was looking for a simple, cheap fix.
I know this sounds pretty weak, but any (and I do mean pretty much any) muffler shop should be able to weld on a pipe in place of the resonator section, thus eliminating it. Shouldn't cost more than $50-$100 max I'd say.

·
Registered
800 Posts

I know this sounds pretty weak, but any (and I do mean pretty much any) muffler shop should be able to weld on a pipe in place of the resonator section, thus eliminating it. Shouldn't cost more than $50-$100 max I'd say.
No it's not a lame idea at all. Many people have had this done. It is an economical way to get a more aggressive exhaust note. However I vaguely recall that removing both the front and the rear might cause droning at cruising speeds, so it's wise to just take out the rear resonators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts