BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.

I´m going to retrofit adaptive LED Headlights on my 2010 F10.
It seems to be difficult, but possible. Right now I have the headlights, a new FRM3 and a KAFAS2.
But I´m unsure which ZGW is the correct one. Normally I dont want to Change my CIC to a NBT. But the New ZGW-02 8SK hase no MOST connector, so the CIC will not longer work.

There are some ZGWs, the ZGW-02 High plus that still have MOST. But do it have the needed K-CAN3?

Do somebody know, which ZGW is the correct one for me?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello.
So I just want to give you a update. My new headlights works very well. The glare free highbeam assistant works also.
But there is a lot of things to do. I replaced the headlights, the footwell module, the ZGW, and the KAFAS and the camera. I used a KAFAS 2 and a KAFAS 2 camera. I disassempled the old camera, and glue the new camera into the old housing. And it works. Kafas 2 with the old windscreen.
By the way, my CIC won´t work with the new ZGW, and so I had a issue to retrofit a NBT :)

Right now I´m so happy. The car Looks so much better with the new parts! There is just a Little Problem, thar I can´t fix. My front collision warning doesn´t work, since I replaced the footwell module. I tried a few ways of coding, with and without a driving assistant. There is no error in the Memory, but I can´t activate it.
I guess there might be a Problem with the old ICM and DSC. My car is 10/2010 and still have the ICM-QL with the old DSC.

Is there any way to get the FCW working? Has anybody a ideaß

What would happen, if I replace DSC and ICM? Will the configuration work with the old DDE? Ist the 245HP Motor.

Thanks,
best regards

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congrats on your new headlight. Can i check with you about the wiring.Can you use back the old headlight adapter on the new led headlight? any new wiring needed? Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello.
So I just want to give you a update. My new headlights works very well. The glare free highbeam assistant works also.
But there is a lot of things to do. I replaced the headlights, the footwell module, the ZGW, and the KAFAS and the camera. I used a KAFAS 2 and a KAFAS 2 camera. I disassempled the old camera, and glue the new camera into the old housing. And it works. Kafas 2 with the old windscreen.
By the way, my CIC won´t work with the new ZGW, and so I had a issue to retrofit a NBT :)

Right now I´m so happy. The car Looks so much better with the new parts! There is just a Little Problem, thar I can´t fix. My front collision warning doesn´t work, since I replaced the footwell module. I tried a few ways of coding, with and without a driving assistant. There is no error in the Memory, but I can´t activate it.
I guess there might be a Problem with the old ICM and DSC. My car is 10/2010 and still have the ICM-QL with the old DSC.

Is there any way to get the FCW working? Has anybody a ideaß

What would happen, if I replace DSC and ICM? Will the configuration work with the old DDE? Ist the 245HP Motor.

Thanks,
best regards
Since you swapped KAFAS 1 with KAFAS 2, I think that you need FSC codes to enable FCW.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have a KAFAS 2 with all 3 FSC Codes active in it.

The wiring is a Little bit difficult. There are new Fuses required, 3 in the Fusebox in the right side of the trunk, and one more fuse in the JBBF.
Once more you Need the KCAN2 from the footwell module to the headlights. The connectors on the headlight will fit, but the pinning is complete different.
If you have Xenon you have the LIN Bus still on the headlights, the LIN connects the FRM directly to the headlights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I have a KAFAS 2 with all 3 FSC Codes active in it.

The wiring is a Little bit difficult. There are new Fuses required, 3 in the Fusebox in the right side of the trunk, and one more fuse in the JBBF.
Once more you Need the KCAN2 from the footwell module to the headlights. The connectors on the headlight will fit, but the pinning is complete different.
If you have Xenon you have the LIN Bus still on the headlights, the LIN connects the FRM directly to the headlights.
I am trying LED retrofit on 2015 535i with HID. Low beam and high beam LED works but can't get the turn signal and daytime driving lights to work, any you help me on what I missed?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am trying LED retrofit on 2015 535i with HID. Low beam and high beam LED works but can't get the turn signal and daytime driving lights to work, any you help me on what I missed?
Use ISTA/D or Rheingold, make diagnosis, calculate test plan, and do initialization of LED "driver module".
Afterwards turn signal will start working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Use ISTA/D or Rheingold, make diagnosis, calculate test plan, and do initialization of LED "driver module".
Afterwards turn signal will start working.
I tried initialization with ISTAD, but it gives me an error. Can anyone confirm rewiring so I can check if I rewired correctly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the offer Umnitza but we got it to work!

Original BMW LED performance is amazing and actually it cost less than the aftermarket offer as I bought used headlights.

2015 F10 HID to LED retrofit was a success! Minor wiring and coding required

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the offer Umnitza but we got it to work!

Original BMW LED performance is amazing and actually it cost less than the aftermarket offer as I bought used headlights.

2015 F10 HID to LED retrofit was a success! Minor wiring and coding required
I am trying to do this retrofit on a 2014 535i, any chance you can give more info on what wiring and coding is necessary? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I tried initialization with ISTAD, but it gives me an error. Can anyone confirm rewiring so I can check if I rewired correctly?
Because I think your software isn't installed correctly. I had paid someone, now a friend on facebook, on ebay to install the software for me. He did it perfect. He did many things I would have never known. He went to multiple locations on the PC to get stuff to work like Windows installer options. He verified to make sure it's working right and everything now works right.

This was the seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-ISTA-D-...:g:6coAAOSwa~BYX7UH&item=282297929413&vxp=mtr

I already had an ENET cable. To get ISTA/D to work perfectly on Windows 10 requires more work than what the readmes tell you. You can get it to install and work but it doesn't mean it's going to 100% work. I mean, probably like 80% but if you think it's good and think it's something else well you will have to live with that problem. I'm not even 100% sure if the proper installation is even the issue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have install the LED headlight with a F10 2012 . you need replaced the FRM and the ZGW which with the most . order a new one by your car's VIN .the update the programme.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts