Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Recently done auto transmission retrofit on manual F20 pre-lci. All hardware and wiring are present and done correctly - 100% sure.

EGS ISN is cleared prior to any coding and connection to the car. Prior to this retrofit checked also compatibility of DDE and FEM with auto transmission - there is no difference in hardware on auto or manual tranny cars for those modules.

Problem is that after trying to switch ignition on, car shows transmission fault and switch ignition imediatelly off. Something like security issue I think. Tried to add 205 to FA and VO code DDE and FEM by continiously pressing START button to keep car awake (ignition on). Everything finished correctly, but still car does not have communication to EGS module (shows red in ISTA) and does not come at all in ESYS. GWS is appearing in ISTA and ESYS. I can hear that mechatronics (EGS) is clicking so definitely module gets the power.

In ISTA I can still see fault codes related to missing zero-gear sensor and steering wheel lock that are present ONLY on manual configuration.

My guess is that maybe DDE and FEM should be flashed completely with 205 option in FA, but biggest problem is that I can not keep ignition to be switched on... TAL can not be executed without ignition...

Any thoughts and help are extremely apreciated. Stuck on this problem yesterday for 5 hours without any luck...

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
2018 i3
1,430 Posts
Try buckling the drivers seat belt before you turn the car on, see if it keeps it awake.

If not, unplug the mechatronics connector and try turning the car on; will it stay on with the EGS disconnected?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try buckling the drivers seat belt before you turn the car on, see if it keeps it awake.

If not, unplug the mechatronics connector and try turning the car on; will it stay on with the EGS disconnected?
Thank for your reply.

Right now car seats are removed, so no possibility of buckling drivers belt, but I do not believe it will keep ignition to stay on.

If EGS connector is unpluged, it does not help - same transmission fault on kombi and imediate ignition shut off.

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
2018 i3
1,430 Posts
Buckling the seat belt is actually what we do in the dealerships on FEM and BDC cars to keep KL15 active; it prevents the car from entering into any power reduction modes that can turn off KL15 during programming. From what you are describing, I believe your car may be in the last stages of power reduction to try and save the battery; buckling the seat belt should keep the ignition on if that is the case.

If you have already spent 5 hours on this trying different things, dropping a seat into the car and plugging it in should be something relatively quick and easy to try.

Thank for your reply.

Right now car seats are removed, so no possibility of buckling drivers belt, but I do not believe it will keep ignition to stay on.

If EGS connector is unpluged, it does not help - same transmission fault on kombi and imediate ignition shut off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course I will give it a try. Any thoughts are welcome there as I am totally stuck. Will post the result after putting seat back and trying to hold the ignition on with belt engaged.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So there was a bit of success. Everything mechanically and codingwise is done - engine starts, tranny rotates as it should, but I still get faults like missing zero-gear sensor, reverse gear sensor, steering column lock (all used only on mechanic tranny) etc... So VO coding is definetely not enough for such a retrofit.

I tried to flash ecus, with no sucess and there I need advise. Of course option 205 is written in FA. Connection via gateway. I am also using DHCP. When I try to execute TAL, following error messages comes:

TAL execution started.
VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]
ExecutionID=2020/05/23-23:02:48.298
[FEM_GW - 10] - [Exception - FEM_GW - 10] SVK-Ist does not match expected SGBMIDs for ecu ECUId:FEM_GW_0x10. Excpected (relevant process classes only): [hwap_00000f3a-255_255_255, hwap_00000f3d-255_255_255, hwel_00000792-000_006_000, hwap_00000f3b-255_255_255, hwap_00000f38-255_255_255], Actual (relevant process classes only): [hwel_00000792-000_004_010, hwap_00000f3a-255_255_255, hwap_00000f38-255_255_255, hwap_00000f3d-255_255_255, hwap_00000f3b-255_255_255], Missing SGBMID(s): [hwel_00000792-000_006_000], Surplus SGBMID(s): [hwel_00000792-000_004_010]
[REM - 72] - [Exception - REM - 72] negative response error:
code: the result contains an error
description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: REM_72_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

[DME - 12] - [Exception - DME - 12] negative response error:
description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: DME_12_ETHERNET

[BKOMBI - 60] - [Exception - BKOMBI - 60] negative response error:
description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: BKOMBI_60_ETHERNET

[EGS - 18] - [Exception - EGS - 18] negative response error:
description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: EGS_18_ETHERNET

[EPS - 30] - [Exception - EPS - 30] negative response error:
description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: EPS_30_ETHERNET

[ICM - 1C] - [Exception - ICM - 1c] negative response error:
description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: ICM_1C_ETHERNET

[EKPM2 - 17] - [Exception - EKPM2 - 17] negative response error:
description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: EKPM2_17_ETHERNET

[DSC - 29] - [Exception - DSC - 29] negative response error:
description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: DSC_29_ETHERNET

[FEM_BODY - 40] - [Exception - FEM_BODY - 40] negative response error:
description: Service RDBI_SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=53327][ErrorCodeDescription=service execution failed][VendorCode=32768][VendorCodeDescription=VCI-specific error (WRONG_TARGET) occured: 67][InterfaceErrorCode=0x43][InterfaceErrorCodeDescription=interface-specific error]; LinkName: FEM_BODY_40_ETHERNET

TAL-Execution finished with status: "FinishedWithError". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "59s". [C206]

Have done flashing before but never met something like that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts