Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

i retrofiited both Sensors for 5AG behind the rear bumper. Both sensors are from 2012, my car was build in 02/2014.
Before flahing both are visible and codable with Esys.
During flashing HC2 my ESys quit flashing procedure with the following error message:

Service RD returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: HC2_08_ETHERNET

After that failure HC2 is not responsive anymore. In Esys no SWFL is visible anymore, instead of SWFL now UNKW is visible. ISTA/D reporting that one ECU is unresponsive and needs to programmed (the HC2) .
What can i do do get HC2 back to normal ?

Here the E-Sys Error log:

15-07-18 15:43:27,575 [INFO] [] com.bmw.prodias.io.tcp.HsfzTcpCommunicationLink: got data from host 169.254.98.2 on port 6801, SA= 0xF4, TA= 0x08, control= 2, link ****** 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x02 0xF4 0x08 0x10 0x03 [xNbcPool-1-thread-1]
15-07-18 15:43:27,575 [WARN] [] com.bmw.esys.commons.exception.EsysExceptionHandler: PSdZ Error -- Exception in executeAsync. [C046] --- [Ljava.lang.String;@1060893 [com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.ExternalSynchronizedHandler$AsynchronousNotificationThread]
com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.PsdzException: Exception in executeAsync. [C046]
at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.PsdzEventExceptionListener.onException(PsdzEventExceptionListener.java:170)
at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.PsdzEventExceptionListener.eventReceived(PsdzEventExceptionListener.java:83)
at com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.RegisteredEventListener.eventReceived(RegisteredEventListener.java:59)
at com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.ExternalSynchronizedHandler$AsynchronousNotificationThread.notifyListeners(ExternalSynchronizedHandler.java:140)
at com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.ExternalSynchronizedHandler$AsynchronousNotificationThread.run(ExternalSynchronizedHandler.java:126)
Caused by: job failed with negative response error:
code: repeat job
description: Service RD returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: HC2_08_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

Timestamp: Sat Jul 18 15:43:27 CEST 2015
ErrorCategory: VEHICLE_ERROR ID: 433
Class: com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil
ExecutionContext={category=TAL, ecuid=(HC2,0x8), TA_CATEGORY=blFlash, SGBMID=btld_00000309-004_000_001, PROGRAMMING_STATUS=performECUBLUpdate,PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=28649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_PerformECUFlashBL, service=RD - RequestDownload, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=HC2_08_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sat Jul 18 15:43:27 CEST 2015, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, ECUId:HC2_0x08}}
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.failJob(ResultUtil.java:134)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.checkResponsePositive(ResultUtil.java:92)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.getPositiveResponseOrTerminateOnError(ResultUtil.java:179)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.wrapper.LegacyJobWrapper.getJobResult(LegacyJobWrapper.java:367)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.wrapper.JobWrapperFactory$JobWrapper.execute(JobWrapperFactory.java:151)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.wrapper.JobWrapperFactory$JobWrapper.execute(JobWrapperFactory.java:135)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.flash.jobs.BootloaderFlashJobs.performECUFlashBL(BootloaderFlashJobs.java:168)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.flash.BLFlashTask$BLFlashTaskStep.performBootloaderUpdateUds(BLFlashTask.java:450)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.flash.BLFlashTask$BLFlashTaskStep.doExecute(BLFlashTask.java:393)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.base.TaskStep.execute(TaskStep.java:99)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.base.SingleEcuTask.processTAs(SingleEcuTask.java:910)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.base.SingleEcuTask.execute(SingleEcuTask.java:487)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.base.scheduler.RunnableTask.run(RunnableTask.java:212)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

The current status of HC2 is the following:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
Do you flash with ENET and Connection via VIN?

When you generated SVT_Soll, and you positive HC2 was Blakc for HWEL and not Red / Blue?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Shawn,

i did the flash with ENET and Connection over Gateway URL, not via VIN.

After regular calculation HWEL was red. After that i tried to read "HW from SVT_IST"
then i it turned to black.

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts
Hi Shawn,

i did the flash with ENET and Connection over Gateway URL, not via VIN.

After regular calculation HWEL was red. After that i tried to read "HW from SVT_IST"
then i it turned to black.
Try flashing it with Connection via VIN.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried to flash the HC2 vie VIN Connection with the same result .

The Message

Service RD returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: HC2_08_ETHERNET

appears three times during flashing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi..

I retrofitted 5AG as well but got some issues..

Here is what I installed:

Mirrors with warnings triangles,
Steering Wheel with Vibrator,
Driver assistent control panel,
Master and slave HC2 modules,
Wiring..

Coding:
Added 5AG to FA and coded SZL, ICM, FRM, HU_CIC and DKOMBI..

Problem:
HC2 ECU does not appear in SVT list?? so I checked the Flexray bus from LCW Master
to ZGW pin 29 & 30 and there is no data from ZGW to the HC2 master!!

I even comfermed via ISTA D that Vibrator works, And if i push the LCW button on driver assistent control panel the LED turns on and msg appear on DKOMBI that LGW is aktivated and will run at speed of 50kmh..
But when I drive and as soon as I reach 50kmh I get error that LCW is not functioning and should be checked by dealer..

Tried to initiate Flexray but got error on ICM that there is no response from SWW.

Q1: because ZGW does not send any data to HC2 via flexray.. do I need another ZGW?
the existing is ZGW-1 High.

Q2: depends LCW (5AG) on something else e.g. 5AD or something else

Any other advices?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A1: I assume you are trying retrofit on a pre-LCI model since you are using ZGW ports 29&30 . I got the same Problem during retrofit of 5DP and 5AG. No response from both at all. ZGW Port 29&30 belongs to Flexray Port 4 and those port is dedicated to N63 or N74 engines. PMA and HC2 are usually connected to ports 1&2 ZGW. I know ISTA says something different. Have a look to ZGW in ISTA for the PIN allocations.
Try to connect HC2 to ZGW Port 1&2 and conduct flexray init.

A2: on LCI Models you have to consider that two versions of ZGW are built in the car depending on your equippment. 5AG has the only one dependency of S430A. (Mirror high)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Awesome man!! Exactly ISTA says 29&30 but it's quite easy to move the 2 pins to 1&2!!

I already have mirror high!!

Do you know if there is something more or less to code?
I coded ICM, SZL, FRM, HU_CIC & DKOMBI!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yesterday I moved the 2 pins on ZGW contact from pin 29&30 to pin 1&2, reinitialized flexray but still getting error on ICM (no response from SWW)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could you send me pls your VIN for further investigations ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After checking your Configuration i would say you have got the same problem than me.
All 8 Flexray Ports are separated in 2 groups. All ports belongs to exactly on or more addtitional equippment. In case of missing all supposed equipmment for all ports in a group these group will not be installed in your car.

Group2 has the following ports:

0x04 DME for N74 or N63TU
0x05 EDC left
0x06 EDC right
0x07 PMA and Lane Change Warning

I guess you dont have the second group installed since you dont have any of the above Features. You could check my theory with TOOL32. Open ZGW01.prg run Job "status_Flexray_pfad". You probably will see only 4 Ports.

In my case i used Flexray Port 0x03 for communicating with PMA and HC2. It's on PIN 11&12 ZGW. But you have to activate those port with TOOL32 Job "Steuern_Flexray_pfad before.
After that procedure my PMA and HC2 were both visible in ISTA.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi again..

Are you sure it's pin 11&12
ISTA shows PMA on pin 1&2!!

Sense I've never used toolset32 how do I connect to the car?
Is that via opening a specific ECU.prg?

When I tried offline.. File.. Load sgdb..
ZGW_01.prg.. It's end up in a loop?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes you right. From factory PMA is connected to PIN 1&2, but i guess your port 7 (PIN1&2) is probably unavailable. Therefore you have to go to freee Flexray Port on the first Group.
At the first group port 4 (0x03) should be available. Port 4 is used from factory by active steering.

TOOL32:

just start the program ans open ZGW_01. During open the connection will be established.
If not check C:\EDIABAS\BIN\EDIABAS.INI.
There must be "Interface = ENET" inside.

The "loop" means no connection to the car.

·
Premium Member
39,471 Posts

When I tried offline.. File.. Load sgdb..
ZGW_01.prg.. It's end up in a loop?
Try running Tool32 as an Administrator.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes you right. From factory PMA is connected to PIN 1&2, but i guess your port 7 (PIN1&2) is probably unavailable. Therefore you have to go to freee Flexray Port on the first Group.

At the first group port 4 (0x03) should be available. Port 4 is used from factory by active steering.

TOOL32:

just start the program ans open ZGW_01. During open the connection will be established.

If not check C:\EDIABAS\BIN\EDIABAS.INI.

There must be "Interface = ENET" inside.

The "loop" means no connection to the car.

So you mean both, the original specified pins 29&30 for LCW and The 1&2 belong to flexray group 2.. Therefore I should use 11&12 which belong to flexray group 1 which should be already active??

Regards

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Flexray Port 4 (0x03) with PIN11&12 belongs to the first Star connector inside ZGW.

Those port should be inactive when not connected to any ECU (usually active steering wich you you dont have ). Therefore i guess that port is available to use. That means you have to activate that port with TOOL32.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Flexray Port 4 (0x03) with PIN11&12 belongs to the first Star connector inside ZGW.

Those port should be inactive when not connected to any ECU (usually active steering wich you you dont have ). Therefore i guess that port is available to use. That means you have to activate that port with TOOL32.

Correct!! And if I still have to activate pins 11&12

Isn't the same job as activating port 29&30 which is originally dedicated to LCW?
Or because they belong to group 2 then the are not even available to be activated?

·
Registered
231 Posts

By the way.. Do you remember which ECUs you coded with 5AG FA?

1 - 20 of 136 Posts