BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

81 - 100 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thank you BusyBox, unfortunatelly in F36 connector is totally different at the mirror driver module side.
So will need it from an F3x series with LCW.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is there any difference between sensor generations? Some part numbers are described as "Sensor for out-of-lane warning, left", others as "Sensor, lane change warning, slave, LE" and the master unit has way too many revisions "Sensor, lane change warning, master, RI"
Asking for the right part numbers for 11.2011 F10 car retrofit.

Thank you
Any help on this one?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,

i retrofiited both Sensors for 5AG behind the rear bumper. Both sensors are from 2012, my car was build in 02/2014.
Before flahing both are visible and codable with Esys.
During flashing HC2 my ESys quit flashing procedure with the following error message:

Service RD returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: HC2_08_ETHERNET

After that failure HC2 is not responsive anymore. In Esys no SWFL is visible anymore, instead of SWFL now UNKW is visible. ISTA/D reporting that one ECU is unresponsive and needs to programmed (the HC2) .
What can i do do get HC2 back to normal ?

Here the E-Sys Error log:

15-07-18 15:43:27,575 [INFO] [] com.bmw.prodias.io.tcp.HsfzTcpCommunicationLink: got data from host 169.254.98.2 on port 6801, SA= 0xF4, TA= 0x08, control= 2, link ****** 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x02 0xF4 0x08 0x10 0x03 [xNbcPool-1-thread-1]
15-07-18 15:43:27,575 [WARN] [] com.bmw.esys.commons.exception.EsysExceptionHandler: PSdZ Error -- Exception in executeAsync. [C046] --- [Ljava.lang.String;@1060893 [com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.ExternalSynchronizedHandler$AsynchronousNotificationThread]
com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.PsdzException: Exception in executeAsync. [C046]
at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.PsdzEventExceptionListener.onException(PsdzEventExceptionListener.java:170)
at com.bmw.esys.domain.psdz.PsdzEventExceptionListener.eventReceived(PsdzEventExceptionListener.java:83)
at com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.RegisteredEventListener.eventReceived(RegisteredEventListener.java:59)
at com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.ExternalSynchronizedHandler$AsynchronousNotificationThread.notifyListeners(ExternalSynchronizedHandler.java:140)
at com.bmw.psdz.uc.event.ExternalSynchronizedHandler$AsynchronousNotificationThread.run(ExternalSynchronizedHandler.java:126)
Caused by: job failed with negative response error:
code: repeat job
description: Service RD returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: HC2_08_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

Timestamp: Sat Jul 18 15:43:27 CEST 2015
ErrorCategory: VEHICLE_ERROR ID: 433
Class: com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil
ExecutionContext={category=TAL, ecuid=(HC2,0x8), TA_CATEGORY=blFlash, SGBMID=btld_00000309-004_000_001, PROGRAMMING_STATUS=performECUBLUpdate,PSdZEvent={message=MCDDiagService<id=28649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_PerformECUFlashBL, service=RD - RequestDownload, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=HC2_08_ETHERNET>, timestamp=Sat Jul 18 15:43:27 CEST 2015, package name=com.bmw.prodias.execution.primitives.mcd, class name=SingleEcuJob, text id=MCD_EVENT_ID__JOB__SERVICE__DESCRIPTION__LINK__, event id=default, event type=DiagService error, ECUId:HC2_0x08}}
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.failJob(ResultUtil.java:134)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.checkResponsePositive(ResultUtil.java:92)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.util.ResultUtil.getPositiveResponseOrTerminateOnError(ResultUtil.java:179)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.wrapper.LegacyJobWrapper.getJobResult(LegacyJobWrapper.java:367)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.wrapper.JobWrapperFactory$JobWrapper.execute(JobWrapperFactory.java:151)
at com.bmw.psdz.vehicle.connection.wrapper.JobWrapperFactory$JobWrapper.execute(JobWrapperFactory.java:135)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.flash.jobs.BootloaderFlashJobs.performECUFlashBL(BootloaderFlashJobs.java:168)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.flash.BLFlashTask$BLFlashTaskStep.performBootloaderUpdateUds(BLFlashTask.java:450)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.flash.BLFlashTask$BLFlashTaskStep.doExecute(BLFlashTask.java:393)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.base.TaskStep.execute(TaskStep.java:99)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.base.SingleEcuTask.processTAs(SingleEcuTask.java:910)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.base.SingleEcuTask.execute(SingleEcuTask.java:487)
at com.bmw.psdz.tasks.base.scheduler.RunnableTask.run(RunnableTask.java:212)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

The current status of HC2 is the following:
Hi

after flash ZGW2 all ok and tried flash AAG give me error

TAL execution started.
VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]
ExecutionID=2017/01/08-17:09:45.766
[AAG - 71] - [Exception - AAG - 71] job failed with negative response error:
description: Service RD returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: AAG_71_ETHERNET

[AAG - 71] - [Exception - AAG - 71] job failed with negative response error:
description: Service RD returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; ECU: AAG_71_ETHERNET

[] - [Exception - AAG - 71] job failed with negative response error:

TAL-Execution finished with status: "FinishedWithError". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "2min 7s". [C206]

Can you help me? How you solved that?

·
Registered
319 Posts
hello
I'm going to retrofit the LCW on my F07.

Could yomeone tell me if these wiring set from Audi would fit for the H2C Sensors?

Wiring Set PDC/LCW from AUdi A8

Thank you

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an orginal BMW (full) repair loom for the rear side for sale with the H2C connectors, et cetera. PM if you are interested in that.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am also looking for the H2C sensors.. .but the ones shown in ETk is hard to find.
Does maybe someone have one of these?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Those part numbers are brand new. In you case i would look for some used ones. I did the same and it works.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi

If i retrofit the Mirror Cover with the LED in it, is the Connector-Plug already there or do i need to buy one? Do you also know the PIN-Connectors?
Also do you know which connectors i need for the + and - from the Sensors in the back of the car? meaning on the FuseBox and GND in the back of the car.

thank you

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi

I retrofitted the Sensors and coded with 5AG in the VO (inkl. VCM Update).
Then i tried to run a flexray init with ISTA (Rheingold) which ended with an Error that my ICM is not responding. I have no errors in ISTA. The ZGM appears now yellow in the ECU Wiring on ISTA.
I opened the port 4 with Tools32 and the HC2 appeared in Esys, where i was able to add a CAF (from 2012, no newer available) and code the H2C with 5AG. My car is on 3.56.
Then i calibrated both Sensors with ISTA (Rheingold).
Now, beside the issue with the not possible flexray init, i have also the issue that the right side is not responding. Meaning no warnings when turning the right Turnsignal on. Left side works well.

Do someone have an idea how to fix these issues with not possible flexray-init due to non responding ICM and the one with not responding Master Sensor. Strange is that the Slave is fine but the Master not. (weird)

Thank you

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a ZGM High... i was able to activate the relevant port 4 for LCW with Tool32... so this cannot be the issue. :-(

·
Registered
319 Posts
hello.. i retrofitted now also the Left and right side mirrors with the warning triangle.
Did a trip on the highway and the left HC2 Sensor is working perfect. But on the right side it works.. and then it does not... i did some tests with ISTA D and was able to send signal to the warning lihgts in the mirror and they were flashing.
But there must be something wrong with it...that the ride side sometimes working and sometimes not.

Also the issue with the ZGM which appears yellow and need a inpossible Flexray Init. Not possible due to error that the ICM is not responding.

Anyone able to help?
thx

·
Registered
319 Posts
no one able to help?

·
Registered
319 Posts
so..

the behaviour of the HC2 is as it should be, what i learned now.
The right sensor is not reacting, when passing a car with a speed difference of more than around 15km/h. Below it works normal. This is what i have been also told from others.

regarding the Flexray Init i needed to install a newer ISTA D as the previous version was buggy!

·
Registered
319 Posts
so..

the behaviour of the HC2 is as it should be, what i learned now.
The right sensor is not reacting, when passing a car with a speed difference of more than around 15km/h. Below it works normal. This is what i have been also told from others.

regarding the Flexray Init i needed to install a newer ISTA D as the previous version was buggy!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi,
I'v fitted today the 5AG (LCW) and the 5DP (PMA). But I get three issues:

1) DKOMBI shows an error with the trailer module not receiving a message from the module.
2) Flexray init does not open port 0x07 => I managed to do this via tool32 but of course then I need to do a flexray init from ISTA/D.
3) The LCW is not working as I get an error message about coding.

For 1) Do I need to code something in combination with the PMA or LCW?? I get the message on my ICM/HU that there is somethig wrong and the trailer module can not be used.

For 2) I updated FA with the 5AG and 5DP and save FA FP. Then ran the FlexRay init from ISTA-D. And it only opens up port 1-3 and all other are closed (I do have a 8SK ZGW)

For 3) Where can I find some clue what I did wrong with the coding?

Thanks for all the help on this.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi,
I'v fitted today the 5AG (LCW) and the 5DP (PMA). But I get three issues:

1) DKOMBI shows an error with the trailer module not receiving a message from the module.
2) Flexray init does not open port 0x07 => I managed to do this via tool32 but of course then I need to do a flexray init from ISTA/D.
3) The LCW is not working as I get an error message about coding.

For 1) Do I need to code something in combination with the PMA or LCW?? I get the message on my ICM/HU that there is somethig wrong and the trailer module can not be used.

For 2) I updated FA with the 5AG and 5DP and save FA FP. Then ran the FlexRay init from ISTA-D. And it only opens up port 1-3 and all other are closed (I do have a 8SK ZGW)

For 3) Where can I find some clue what I did wrong with the coding?

Thanks for all the help on this.
OK found for no 1) that I had the trailer module coded with ZK 0713, but my car is actually 0313. After flashing all modules back to 0313 ZK most of the strange errors dissapeard.

I only still can't enable the FlexRay for port 0x07 as I need to.

And I found that I connected the cable wrong for the control panel. The power (pin1) was connected to the 58g signal (also Red/Yellow). Which made the control panel work only when I had the interior light on. I only found this when I was in the car when it was dark :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hi

If i retrofit the Mirror Cover with the LED in it, is the Connector-Plug already there or do i need to buy one? Do you also know the PIN-Connectors?
Also do you know which connectors i need for the + and - from the Sensors in the back of the car? meaning on the FuseBox and GND in the back of the car.

thank you
I am about to start the retrofit of LCW to my F10 and as I already have the high mirrors 430A I'm not planning on replacing them but want to add the warning triangle. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you can answer.
1. Does the cover for the LED triangle come with the LED in place or are they 2 separate parts, LED unit and cover with triangle hole.
2. Can I add the brown and grey wire from the mirror electrics to the led connector? Do I just add the pins to the connector in the mirror electrics, standard MQS pins?
If the answers are yes to the above it all seems simple enough.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

thank you
I am about to start the retrofit of LCW to my F10 and as I already have the high mirrors 430A I'm not planning on replacing them but want to add the warning triangle. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you can answer.
1. Does the cover for the LED triangle come with the LED in place or are they 2 separate parts, LED unit and cover with triangle hole.
2. Can I add the brown and grey wire from the mirror electrics to the led connector? Do I just add the pins to the connector in the mirror electrics, standard MQS pins?
If the answers are yes to the above it all seems simple enough.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
I also thought of going the cheaper way and just buying mirror covers, but ended buying two used mirrors instead. The reason for this, is because it is not possible to take a + and - cable for connecting the LED warning triangle. The mirrors come from the factory with a "module" inside them where all the wires meet and connect. If however you buy only the "module", then it might be possible. I atleast did not find it, not used and certanly not new from BMW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bumping this thread as I'm close to giving up with LCW retrofit.
Here is what has been done so far:

1. Bought a kit from a wrecked car with 2x radar sensors and all the necessary wiring to complete the project.

2. Bought complete wing mirrors from used cars who were delivered from factory with LCW.

3. Bought the two blinds that go over the HC2 radars.

4. Started with assembling the whole thing. Radars placed where Ista said, with HC2 slave being on the left/drivers side and HC2 master being on the right/passenger side.

5. Pulled the 4 wires that would go from HC2 master and inside the car. 12v, ground, 2x flexray cables.
Have double checked that these 4 wires go to their right places. Also checked if the wires were damaged when I pulled them through the rubber grommet. Using a multimeter I ruled that out.

6. Pulled bumper off again to check if not I have got radars that do not belong to the F10, but the part numbers did not show anything wrong.

7. Coded car as I would normally do with other retrofits. Updated the cars FA, added 5ag and coded the modules I have read others have coded.

8. Using ista/d, performing a flexray unit - nothing happens. The HC2/SWW module does not show up.

9. Going with tool32 then, activitating all the ports. Back to esys/ista - again... no HC2/SWW module showing up.

The question is now, where the hell have I done so wrong that nothing is coming up?? Hoping someone out there can be helpful.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 141 Posts