BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I also thought of going the cheaper way and just buying mirror covers, but ended buying two used mirrors instead. The reason for this, is because it is not possible to take a + and - cable for connecting the LED warning triangle. The mirrors come from the factory with a "module" inside them where all the wires meet and connect. If however you buy only the "module", then it might be possible. I atleast did not find it, not used and certanly not new from BMW.
This is confusing as I'm sure I have seen
a thread with pictures of the mirror electrics unit with the wires for the LED coming from it. I saved the image for reference and have included it here. I can't imagine the module is different between mirror types only the attached parts differ.....I could be wrong. What I should do is remove my mirror cap and check. The images could well be from a pre LCI mirror, but I'm hoping it's the same for LCI.

Edit: Found an LCI mirror with mirror electrics visible, 99.9% sure I will be able to add the LED wiring to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
Bumping this thread as I'm close to giving up with LCW retrofit.
Here is what has been done so far:

1. Bought a kit from a wrecked car with 2x radar sensors and all the necessary wiring to complete the project.

2. Bought complete wing mirrors from used cars who were delivered from factory with LCW.

3. Bought the two blinds that go over the HC2 radars.

4. Started with assembling the whole thing. Radars placed where Ista said, with HC2 slave being on the left/drivers side and HC2 master being on the right/passenger side.

5. Pulled the 4 wires that would go from HC2 master and inside the car. 12v, ground, 2x flexray cables.
Have double checked that these 4 wires go to their right places. Also checked if the wires were damaged when I pulled them through the rubber grommet. Using a multimeter I ruled that out.

6. Pulled bumper off again to check if not I have got radars that do not belong to the F10, but the part numbers did not show anything wrong.

7. Coded car as I would normally do with other retrofits. Updated the cars FA, added 5ag and coded the modules I have read others have coded.

8. Using ista/d, performing a flexray unit - nothing happens. The HC2/SWW module does not show up.

9. Going with tool32 then, activitating all the ports. Back to esys/ista - again... no HC2/SWW module showing up.

The question is now, where the hell have I done so wrong that nothing is coming up?? Hoping someone out there can be helpful.
So I had an absolute nightmare getting my PMA module to show when retrofitting it. I ran the wires from the ZGW over the correct pins/port but for love nor money I could not get the PMA to show, I even bought a new PMA thinking it was broken. I tested and tested the flexray wires for continuity over and over, opened and closed ports, initialised flexray again and again and nothing, then for no reason, having not done anything different.......it was just there! Just appeared! I think I may have left everything connected over night and started again the following day and it was there, but I don't actually remember. What I will say is use a multimeter, prove continuity between ZGW and HC2, prove you have 12v supply and prove you have a good ground point. If all that is positively proven then it is purely down to tool32, ISTA and E-sys (less likely E-sys until it's visible as an ECU. It's frustrating but if all wiring is good it has to be programming/coding.

Edit: Do you have ISTA+? I know for a fact that some functions are buggy with older versions of ISTA/ISTA/D. A friend could not initialise his ICM for his park assist retrofit because the version of ISTA he had was to old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also thought of going the cheaper way and just buying mirror covers, but ended buying two used mirrors instead. The reason for this, is because it is not possible to take a + and - cable for connecting the LED warning triangle. The mirrors come from the factory with a "module" inside them where all the wires meet and connect. If however you buy only the "module", then it might be possible. I atleast did not find it, not used and certanly not new from BMW.
This is confusing as I***8217;m sure I have seen
a thread with pictures of the mirror electrics unit with the wires for the LED coming from it. I saved the image for reference and have included it here. I can***8217;t imagine the module is different between mirror types only the attached parts differ.....I could be wrong. What I should do is remove my mirror cap and check. The images could well be from a pre LCI mirror, but I***8217;m hoping it***8217;s the same for LCI.

Yes, you are right about the two wires running from the LED indicator, but look where the wires are going. Cars without this option from factory has a mirror module with two pins less. In other words, you have no place to connect the two wires unless you have the correct module.

Look at the picture and notice the black "cap" next to the white and yellow wire. This is where the two wires for LED indicator should sit. I have removed this cap, and can confirm that there is no pins behind. In other words, one would have to buy the module that belongs to mirrors with LCW. I never found them, so I bought whole mirrors instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bumping this thread as I'm close to giving up with LCW retrofit.
Here is what has been done so far:

1. Bought a kit from a wrecked car with 2x radar sensors and all the necessary wiring to complete the project.

2. Bought complete wing mirrors from used cars who were delivered from factory with LCW.

3. Bought the two blinds that go over the HC2 radars.

4. Started with assembling the whole thing. Radars placed where Ista said, with HC2 slave being on the left/drivers side and HC2 master being on the right/passenger side.

5. Pulled the 4 wires that would go from HC2 master and inside the car. 12v, ground, 2x flexray cables.
Have double checked that these 4 wires go to their right places. Also checked if the wires were damaged when I pulled them through the rubber grommet. Using a multimeter I ruled that out.

6. Pulled bumper off again to check if not I have got radars that do not belong to the F10, but the part numbers did not show anything wrong.

7. Coded car as I would normally do with other retrofits. Updated the cars FA, added 5ag and coded the modules I have read others have coded.

8. Using ista/d, performing a flexray unit - nothing happens. The HC2/SWW module does not show up.

9. Going with tool32 then, activitating all the ports. Back to esys/ista - again... no HC2/SWW module showing up.

The question is now, where the hell have I done so wrong that nothing is coming up?? Hoping someone out there can be helpful.
So I had an absolute nightmare getting my PMA module to show when retrofitting it. I ran the wires from the ZGW over the correct pins/port but for love nor money I could not get the PMA to show, I even bought a new PMA thinking it was broken. I tested and tested the flexray wires for continuity over and over, opened and closed ports, initialised flexray again and again and nothing, then for no reason, having not done anything different.......it was just there! Just appeared! I think I may have left everything connected over night and started again the following day and it was there, but I don***8217;t actually remember. What I will say is use a multimeter, prove continuity between ZGW and HC2, prove you have 12v supply and prove you have a good ground point. If all that is positively proven then it is purely down to tool32, ISTA and E-sys (less likely E-sys until it***8217;s visible as an ECU. It***8217;s frustrating but if all wiring is good it has to be programming/coding.

Edit: Do you have ISTA+? I know for a fact that some functions are buggy with older versions of ISTA/ISTA/D. A friend could not initialise his ICM for his park assist retrofit because the version of ISTA he had was to old.

Thanks for all the help! I have not checked for continuity between ZGW and HC2, but all the others should be OK as they are tested. I know for a fact that the flexray cables are okay until they reach the back seats. Further than that I have not checked for continuity.

I'm leaning towards this being a programming error rather than something I've connected wrong. And yes, I have the simplest version of Ista, so it might be that it ain't up to the job. Might contact a friend who has Ista + and try ista init with that.

Just so we are clear on things here. I've connected the flexray cables on pin 1&2 at the ZGW. They should belong to port 0x07. Everytime I run the ista init, the ports that I earlier have opened with tool32, now closes?? Is it because of a buggy version of Ista or is it something else? I'm going to try running flexray at another free port to see what differences it makes, but would still like it to be where it should be.

·
Registered
763 Posts
You are absolutely correct with the pins 1&2 which is port 7. When I initialised flexray it remained open and was still open in tool32. I would lean towards ISTA being too old or buggy. Really frustrating hearing about the mirror electrics, what was actually behind the caps? Was there nowhere to physically add pins or connect pins? Do you still have the old mirrors that didn’t have the LED pins? If so I’d love to see what’s inside, can’t help but think if there’s a will there’s a way?!?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Edit, post in error

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shooting in an update.

LCW is finally working. The problem with why HC2 module weren't showing was because of a fuse that had blown. The module finally showed up, but now ista was throwing an error code that the module needed programming. After downloading full psdzdata and flashing the hc2 module, everything worked like a charm. Had some problems with flashing the zgw as it got interrupted and locked the car in transport mode. Decided to don't care about the dependencies and just flashing the hc2 module alone.

Huge thanks to ShawnSheridan for taking the time and having the patience for many stupid questions and I'm especially thankful for all the help from dayvg!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi everyone, i know your posts are old but i need help. i m trying to retrofit LCW and i have a problem to code HC2.
First, i have install everything like explain in roxxor posts. Then i try to code every things.
I added in My FA , 5AG and vo code it.
When go to ista SWW appear in red and when i try to initialize Flexray, erevrything works fine. I was expecting to have an error like said in the forum but no.
I only have one group of port in my flexray.
I opened port 0X03 with tools32, it works but if i initialize flexray it close again.
Questions :
1 / I don't know how to keep this port open?
2 / do i have to use pins 11 & 12? Pins 11 & 12 are from A173*8B? what pins to move there ?
3/ i already have others pin in 11 & 12. Do i have to remove then? or change them places? What are they for?

thanks for yours answers.
By the way if someone can help me to solve errors in the attached picture, it will be greatfull.
Dav

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I finally finish the retrofit. Sww is green on ista. I tested it directly after finishing installation, but I got on errors saying that I should go to the dealer to fix the problem. But when i connect to ista there is not error related to sensors. Only vibrator is from different version. I don't know what to do. It is so strange... if someone have an idea it will be helpful

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

I completed this 5AG retrofit in my F11 LCI. Have found lot of useful tips here on the forum.

Is there a way how to conduit calibration/initialisation the system without ISTA?

If I open INPA and select F07 (F10/F11) then there is access to all different control units but HC2/SWW is not listed there surprisingly. Or is it hidden somewhere in any submenu?

So the only way is to use the tool32 open hc2_01.prg and use the commands directly?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I don’t understand why you wouldn’t use ISTA to fault find/diagnose issues with systems you are retrofitting? ISTA is the workshop software used by the dealer to calibrate/configure this equipment. I have retrofitted LCW/LDW/SLI/Park Assist/ACC and lots more and none of it would have been possible without ISTA. Granted there are other software types available that can conduct some functions like tool32, and this was required in my case to open the PMA/SWW port on the ZGW. But esys and ISTA were also essential. Happy to help with an ISTA install if required but if you want these things to work properly I recommend using the right tools.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I finally finish the retrofit. Sww is green on ista. I tested it directly after finishing installation, but I got on errors saying that I should go to the dealer to fix the problem. But when i connect to ista there is not error related to sensors. Only vibrator is from different version. I don't know what to do. It is so strange... if someone have an idea it will be helpful
Have you wired the SZL correctly as per ISTA?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have you swapped the SZL for a version that works for SWW or do you have already heated steering wheel?

The wrong version indicates that you either have the wrong SZL module or wrong software on that module.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation like some of the members posted here.

1. Flexray initialization through ISTA did not recognize the HC2 module.
2. Used tool32 and opened the port 3.
3. Successully registered HC2 modules, coding completed.
4. LCW working perfectly fine.

But there is a fault in ISTA
ZGM: No flexray initialization

If I try to initialize using ISTA, port 3 gets closed again and SWW goes orange and LCW isn't working.

Can someone let me know how to keep the port 3 open using ISTA and bring ZGW in ISTA back to green.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, i didn't see your answers, but I solved all issues in december 2019. I just changed FEM parameter LIN_VARIANTE_SZL. Now everything works fine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation like some of the members posted here.

1. Flexray initialization through ISTA did not recognize the HC2 module.
2. Used tool32 and opened the port 3.
3. Successully registered HC2 modules, coding completed.
4. LCW working perfectly fine.

But there is a fault in ISTA
ZGM: No flexray initialization

If I try to initialize using ISTA, port 3 gets closed again and SWW goes orange and LCW isn't working.

Can someone let me know how to keep the port 3 open using ISTA and bring ZGW in ISTA back to green.

Thanks in advance
Hello,
I had the same issue and I solved it. But I am not sure if this is the right way to solve it.
First, I open port 0x03 with tools32 and didn't initialize the flexray. I left my car like that for a long time. I don't know if the car update parameters after a period of time. Also I retrofitted 5AD and 5DP and the port 0x03 is still open and I can know initialize Flexray without any problems on port 0x03. See the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi to all, i have f07 04/2011 and i have zgw with 4 port. Normally i have 0,2,3 enabled and 1 not enable.
I have installed rear radrs and control panel HC2. I have connected rear radar flexride to the port 11 and 12 and i have added 5ag to FA. I see in esys HC2 and i have coded, bit SWW in esys i NOT see....
In ista i see SWW but is in error and say not present or not powered up or not connected in flexray... In pi. 11 and 12 i have wire and i have connected 5ag in parallel. I have tried to connect 5ag in pin 1 and 2 or 29 and 30 but not see in ista or esys SWW....
And if i open port 1 with tool32 i view enabled, but have error of inizialization flex ray, i initialize but return off port 1...
How i can view SWW in my zgw? Where i need connect flexray?
I have coded with 5ag only FRM and HC2, no other....

Thanks for help, i combat with this from 2 week....

Inviato dal mio SM-A705FN utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have installed this in my car, contact me if you would like me to look. I’m available this evening or not for a week

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't understand your post very well. But I will try to help from what I know.
First I didn't work on F07 from 04 / 2011 , I retrofitted 5AG on F30 and diagrams are differents.
What I read from diagrams you have to connect rear sensor via flexray to central gateway module A51*1 on pin 29 and 30 ( knowing that your car have been built before 09 / 2011). Pin 1 and 2 is for car after 09 / 2011 and pin 11 and 12 are for active steering. So you have to use standard pin and check if other cables are well connected. You have to check every cables and check with ista what kind of errors you have and try to solve them one by one.
If you still want to use pin 11 and 12, you have to make sure you don't create more problems. You have to check first if HC2 is visible in esys and yellow in ista. If so you just have to add cafd file for hc2 with esys. initialize flexray on ista and open port 0x01 with tools32. Even if you have an initialization error from flexray it is not big error. Just leave it like that if everything works fine. But make sure there is no others errors on ista.
Send pictures , it will be easier to help.
Good luck

Hi to all, i have f07 04/2011 and i have zgw with 4 port. Normally i have 0,2,3 enabled and 1 not enable.
I have installed rear radrs and control panel HC2. I have connected rear radar flexride to the port 11 and 12 and i have added 5ag to FA. I see in esys HC2 and i have coded, bit SWW in esys i NOT see....
In ista i see SWW but is in error and say not present or not powered up or not connected in flexray... In pi. 11 and 12 i have wire and i have connected 5ag in parallel. I have tried to connect 5ag in pin 1 and 2 or 29 and 30 but not see in ista or esys SWW....
And if i open port 1 with tool32 i view enabled, but have error of inizialization flex ray, i initialize but return off port 1...
How i can view SWW in my zgw? Where i need connect flexray?
I have coded with 5ag only FRM and HC2, no other....

Thanks for help, i combat with this from 2 week....

Inviato dal mio SM-A705FN utilizzando Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 141 Posts