BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since I of course had to get a budget BMW, it has manual seats and it bothers me more than you could possibly imagine.. so if I could somehow get power seats installed, I would like my car a lot more. does that sound totally out of the realm of possibility? even if it costs over $2000 I'll still do it. I want to ask here before going to a dealership and asking them so if it's something completely ridiculous they won't think I'm an idiot :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Your best bet might be to attempt a retrofit from a salvaged e90 w/ power seats. I'm sure if they use your existing seats, they would have to slice and dice them in every manner possible. It will most likely be $2K+++but they can do it. My friend has manual seats in his M3 and it wasn't an issue from my perspective but I understand your frustrations.

Wouldn't you rather spend the $2K on something else like an aero kit, wheels, etc?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you really need the power seats? If your goal was to save money to begin with why would you dump the money into power seats now, going to cost so much more then if you bought them to begin with. If anything spend your money on on something else like Finamir recommended. Also, how often do you move your seat?

·
Registered
324 Posts
we fought over repositioning the seats in our e46 all the time, and with our e90 we got manual again (on purpose!).

hate to say it harshly, but.... just deal with it... ?

( ;) hopefully you can find a solution that better answers your question! )

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Michael

I believe that the manual seats are just about as adjustable as the power ones.

I would strongly recommend you consider other improvements instead of what would probably be a very expensive transplant.

·
Registered
156 Posts
stick with the manual seats - - i was on a tight budget too when selecting my car, i chose the power seats but now i think i could have used that money for something more useful. it really isnt worth it. the only time i move the seats is when i am cleaning it, or my parents steal the car for a joyride and i have to put them back (memory buttons)... but, other than that- the seat is pretty much stationary.

Use that 2k$ for something better, use some for the new ipod interface :bigpimp: , some for some music (LEGALLY purchased on itunes :angel: of course), and you are what... 17, thats a lot of 30-packs :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Electric seat enigma...

I have not adjusted my seatrs since driving my car off the lot in May... Electric seats are the last thing I wouold update my friend. Go get you some wheels...:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.