BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I remember discussion a few years ago (my last ED) about some drop-off points being a couple weeks faster than others in returning your car to the states. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything about it.

Does anyone have any info on this? I'm considering Frankfurt or Paris and don't really care one way or another on where I go so this could be a point of influence in my travel plans.

Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I believe It goes Bremerhaven, then Munich, then other German Locations, then Elsewhere.

Mine is in Geneva. :-( and according to status, it is still waiting transport! Dropped it off last Wednesday.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the question is will Paris really be any slower than Frankfurt?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much?

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you drop it off in Frankfurt versus Paris, there is no guarantee it will speed up your delivery. It could slow it down if all of the factors worked against you. Yes, on average you will be better off but most of us don't do enough deliveries for the averages to play out. After that, it all depends on when the truck is picking up your car and where else it is going.

There's no doubt about it... if all you care about is the quickest redelivery of your car... your ED must end with Bremerhaven for drop-off. This is the only way to lock-in the earliest delivery based on factors you can influence. Should you drive 10 hours from Paris and then train to an airport for your return flight to gain somewhere between 0 days and 2 weeks? That's the call to be made.

·
Travel Fever
2,745 Posts
I dropped off in Zurich last year. It asked me to send over some copies of paperwork a few days before arrival.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have dropped off two cars in Frankfurt one in Munich and one in Stuttgart, and all seemed to take about the same time. Munich was no faster but all cars arrived close to the minimum time specified. I find Frankfurt very convenient, but then I used to live in the next town over so I know my way around and have a great hotel to stay in. I would think that Paris would be the slowest of the mentioned drop off locations. Do a search some have had problems with Paris recently.

·
Aviator
2,968 Posts
Harms in London was the slowest - but thankfully that horrible location is no longer an option.

Dick

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
If you drop it off in Frankfurt versus Paris, there is no guarantee it will speed up your delivery.
Drop-off locations in Germany have actually proven to be faster than those outside Germany although individual variances may exist. Bremerhaven and then Munich are the two fastest and Frankfurt is probably a distant third, followed by other German cities where drop-offs are accepted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts