BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2010 F07 550i
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I have a good question to the ones that have done it.
I have installed a reverse (backup) camera to my 2007 E65 B7. Install was pretty straight forward using NAVIKS interface.
What I am having a bit of an issue is the way idrive displays the image.
As you can see in the pictures, there is multiple ways to display on the left or the right side of the screen, but only three ways to display in full screen and every single one of them requires driver intervention before car is put in reverse, unless the idrive already displays required menus to allow for full screen when in reverse.
Required menus are:
* Small screen to display navigation map and bigger screen to display navigation menu.
* Small screen to display navigation map and bigger screen to display BMW assist menu
* Small screen to display navigation map and bigger screen to display night vision.
* and fourth way is to have the night vision in full screen mode.

All of the above require some sort of interaction with idrive. If no interaction from the driver, when reversed, image will show on small or on bigger side of the screen, never in full screen. Well that's my problem, issue, trouble.... Also, either side of the screen will only show partial image, not the full image.

Any suggestions from you guys, especially people that have installed the reverse camera and somehow have the full screen when in reverse

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.