BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Think I am doing well for myself but would like to double check before pulling the trigger. This is a brand new car with 52 miles on it and is not a demo.

535i x drive
Dark graphite
Luxury line
Driver assistance
Driver assistance plus
Premium package
Cold weather package

Msrp $67,645
BMW drive event credit 1k
Cap cost $58,925 (includes dealer doc and lease acq fees)
MF = 0.00108 (0.0002 mark up and 7 MSDs)
Monthly payment = $506

Drive off: first month, dmv fees, taxes and 4200 For MSDs. Thought security deposit is rounded upto the next 50? So should be 3850?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Think I am doing well for myself but would like to double check before pulling the trigger. This is a brand new car with 52 miles on it and is not a demo.

535i x drive
Dark graphite
Luxury line
Driver assistance
Driver assistance plus
Premium package
Cold weather package

Msrp $67,645
Monthly payment = $506

Drive off: first month, dmv fees, taxes and 4200 For MSDs. Thought security deposit is rounded upto the next 50? So should be 3850?
MSDs are rounded up to the nearest 50, yeah. They should be 3850. I would ask them about that difference, and in fact I would recommend putting a little cap cost reduction so that your payment went down to $499 (probably somewhere around $100 ish dollars to do that). That would take your MSDs down another 7 X 50.

Other than that, looking at a 67K car for a monthly payment of 500 sounds pretty darn good.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The payment doesn't add up...

If your cap cost is what you say it is after all fees are included, and you are going for a 36/10k lease then your payment would vs around 475/mo

Also if that's your cap cost, you would be getting about 3-4k discount below invoice (depending on their fees)

So... For your payment to be $506 they would have to be giving you the wrong cap cost...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The payment doesn't add up...

If your cap cost is what you say it is after all fees are included, and you are going for a 36/10k lease then your payment would vs around 475/mo

Also if that's your cap cost, you would be getting about 3-4k discount below invoice (depending on their fees)

So... For your payment to be $506 they would have to be giving you the wrong cap cost...
Forgot to include that I have a 1k drive event credit applied. They say it's about 3k under invoice before the incentive even after adding the dealer fees which sounds about right.

Ahh thanks for double checking. Payment came out to be $490? When I calculated. 378 monthly depreciation plus 112 for rental charge. so yea there is something they are putting in there and not disclosing to me. Going to make them figure out where the difference is as it would lessen my MSD.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Check the calculator here, there is a tab with your name: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LRNEqa4abrPG9zwNVOU3AmuZPs/edit?usp=drive_web

I put in a discount of 5k plus 1k rebate. So 6k below invoice and I added about 1k in fees. I did it to come up to the cap cost you posted.

If the cap cost they have you was true, and you are doing full MSD and it's a 36mo/10k lease, then your base monthly would be $472...

I think maybe they meant that was your cap cost BEFORE fees? That would probably get it closer. And you are still getting a good deal with such a discount below invoice. Bummer about the MF markup, but they have to make their money somewhere.

However, if they lied to you about the cap cost, that bothers me, personally; but you may not care

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the calculator here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LRNEqa4abrPG9zwNVOU3AmuZPs/edit?usp=drive_web

I put in a discount of 5k plus 1k rebate. So 6k below invoice and I added about 1k in fees. I did it to come up to the cap cost you posted.

If the cap cost they have you was true, and you are doing full MSD and it's a 36mo/10k lease, then your base monthly would be $472...

I think maybe they meant that was your cap cost BEFORE fees? That would probably get it closer. And you are still getting a good deal with such a discount below invoice. Bummer about the MF markup, but they have to make their money somewhere.

However, if they lied to you about the cap cost, that bothers me, personally; but you may not care
Thanks very helpful. I notice in your spread sheet the destination charge is added to the Msrp (67645 + 995) then the residual (67%) is taken from that total.

In my deal I think the destination is part of the Msrp? It wasn't listed as a separate line item in my deal. So I have been using 67645 as the Msrp and get a residual of 45322. Is this not correct?

·
Registered
207 Posts
A 67k car for 500/mo including tax is insanely good. Even without the 1000 drive event that's about 530/mo. Is this an outlier or should we expect more like this for existing stock?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A 67k car for 500/mo including tax is insanely good. Even without the 1000 drive event that's about 530/mo. Is this an outlier or should we expect more like this for existing stock?
The payment does not include taxes. I am from NY and the entirety of the lease payments are taxed upfront.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
So did you figure out the difference between the 490 and 506?

Either way you should put a few bucks to get it below 500 so you can lower your MSDs.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So did you figure out the difference between the 490 and 506?

Either way you should put a few bucks to get it below 500 so you can lower your MSDs.
I have not. They are closed Sunday and I did not get a chance to do it today.

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
They still make money when they sell below invoice.
I sold BMWs for years... I'm well aware of how and where they make money :)

But bottom line is if you're getting a selling price (before rebates or incentives) below invoice you're probably not getting buy rate as well unless it's a car that has lot rot. They might be aggressive but they are not a charity.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Forgot to include that I have a 1k drive event credit applied. They say it's about 3k under invoice before the incentive even after adding the dealer fees which sounds about right.

Ahh thanks for double checking. Payment came out to be $490? When I calculated. 378 monthly depreciation plus 112 for rental charge. so yea there is something they are putting in there and not disclosing to me. Going to make them figure out where the difference is as it would lessen my MSD.
How much is the msrp off without drive credit and doc/lease acq cost?

I'm getting 13% off without any credit and rolling off acq cost into cap.

MSRP ----------------------------------$ 66,620-
Sales price: 13% off ----------------- $57,960-

This is 2016 535i from BMW concord.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,798 Posts

535i x drive
Dark graphite
Luxury line
Driver assistance
Driver assistance plus
Premium package
Cold weather package

Msrp $67,645
BMW drive event credit 1k
Monthly payment = $506

Deal looks good. Regarding the MSDs, lots of dealers calculate them using the monthly payment before applying the discounted money factor and thus the lower payment. They're supposed to be calculated on the lower payment.

You might want to make a small down payment to get the monthly payment just under the $50 bump up point. Assuming the $506 payment make a down payment to get it to $499 so the MSD amount is $500 each.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,693 Posts
How did you get a drive event credit? I thought those were history?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts