BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Magnificent travelogue sir! Some great info and memories. I hope the girls enjoyed themselves half as much as you seemed to. Your photos were amazing. My wife and daughter were looking over my shoulder as I scrolled through your story. That shot in Kufstein with the castle walls framing the view is awesome. So is your picture of Georg in Rothenberg. This confirms my belief that he has a pact with the Devil - he has not aged a bit in 15 years. Must be all those nights he spends in Höll after each tour. So glad you enjoyed Ettal and Wieskirche. I recommend them to every traveler that passes through that part of Bavaria.

And I would never have advised staying in Mittenwald simply because Oberammergau and Garmisch have much nicer and "authentic" accomodations at half the price. Evenings in Oberammergau after the tourists leave is a memorable experience.

Loved your Radler experience. It actually isn't so bad on a really hot day. The Brits call it a "shandy" and many US micro brewpubs are making them too. But why drink anything other than a lager when you're in Germany. Simple beer perfection.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.