Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am currently retrofitting the Driving Assistant Plus (5AT) from Driving Assistant 5AS).

I have swapped the steering wheel for the Driving Assistant plus one which included active steering wheel such as 2 extra buttons for ACC.

Well, When checking ISTA I get this error:

030491 - Steering Wheel Electronic Module (LRE): Wrong Version.

ACC buttons don't work when tapping.

Any suggestion or help? Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sounds like the module that talks to the steering wheel doesn't recognize the new one. The module needs to be programmed to know that it's there. If the wheel was available when your car was new, you should be able to just change the values to do it, provided you have the right software and can get past that everything is based on German.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @Jack_88. What I have in FA is 255 - Sports leather steering wheel

Do I have to add any new code to FA?. My factory steering wheel doesn't have ACC/driving assistant buttons.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't know of anyone who has done this particular kind of coding, but I can tell you that retrofitting functionality is usually a case of adding the needed hardware, wiring it in, and telling the car that those things all exist. Your car didn't come with all the hardware needed for ACC, so if you code it as you would need to to make that steering wheel work, you'll get a bunch of other errors unless you have all the hardware properly installed. It has occurred to me that the way your are talking implies the steering wheel is the only thing you changed over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts