BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So I just leased a brand new 330e for my wife less than 3 months ago and she hates it for a number of reasons. I would like to figure out a way to return it and upgrade it to an X7 instead.

Not sure I am going to be able to get out of this lease...Any guidance would be great.

Thank you

·
Resident Curmudgeon
26,385 Posts
Oh boy.

Well, the good news is that it is relatively easy to get out from under this lease.

The really really bad news is that it will cost you massively. I dunno, maybe $10-15k?

There are a TON of threads along this topic... you can search and read...

Basically, here are the high points:
1. Neighter BMW nor the dealer will be impressed by you desire to 'upgrade to an X7'. They dont care. Heck, they'd rather just sell a new X7 to a new BMW owner who doesnt have the 'baggage' of a current 330e. Loads of buyers, they dont care.

2. LeaseTrader or swapalease...Offer someone $$$$ each month for the next 33 months in order to incentivize them to take your car. Will it be $100 a month? Or $400 a month?

3. Not sure what is up in the marketplace with the 330e these days. Are they hard to get? Will a buyer jump on yours given the delivery issues with some new cars? If yes, this could change the above calculus....

And finally what makes you think she wont hate the X7?

GL!

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
3,465 Posts
Swap-a-lease.com.
You’ll probably have to offer incentives to take it off your hands. People will buy anything if the deal is sweet enough. How much does she hate it and how fast do you want out of it? These answers will determine how fast someone takes it off your hands.
Sorry to hear she hates it! 330e is pretty cool with 70mpg, boost power when needed.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It would be hard to find two cars so dissimilar. Why did she get the 330e in the first place and what does she find attractive about the X7? If she doesn't need the three rows, the X5, e.g., is a nicer car. Assuming you find a way to get out of the lease, you want to make sure you don't make a second costly mistake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.