BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems that the Rial Salerno is a popular choice for a winter set-up. I already purchased a 17" set, and plan to put them on my 335is in a few weeks. They are not staggered, and I'm wondering if maybe I should get some spacers- at least for the rear. I'm worried they are going to look too tucked under. They are 17X8 ET 29 (tires are 225's). Does anyone have a good photo of these wheels on their car? Has anyone who has these (or similar size/offset wheels) put on spacers for that reason, and if so, what size?
Thanks for anyone who can help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just put the same winter setup on my wagon today. My summer setup is 18" staggered (225/255) so sounds like the same scenario. I don't think you have anything to worry about appearance-wise...
Those look great on the wagon. I got the anthracite as well. Thanks for the pics. I would've bought a wagon if I could've gotten the turbo motor in it. I love wagons, but I ended up with a coupe because I just couldn't warm up to the sedan. Around here, they are everywhere and I think I'm just tired of seeing them. My wife drives a big car, and my kids are out of car seats now, so I don't mind squeezing them into the back when I have to.

BTW- I'm jealous of your Eurovan- and your E30!

·
Registered
459 Posts
As promised, some picks of my car with winters, 17" Salernos, 225 all around:

The rears are just a little bit tucked in relative to the fender, but its only obvious when really staring at it. Say, in a photo. In real-world, it's perfectly fine looking.

And as a bonus, I have the silver, instead of the anthracite. So that's another comparison point. I think both colors look pretty good.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Looks nice
You are welcome. Honestly, I wasn't excited about the Salernos looks when I bought them. It was mostly for pragmatic reasons (good cost + German quality standards). I figured they would just be my winter wheels, quasi-disposable.

But once they were waxed and on the car, I really like them. I like the simple open spoke look. And you won't find many wheels easier to clean!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.