BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RICHMANN MOTORSPORT is hosting their FIRST BMW E90 ONLY MEET and I would love to see BimmerFEST E90 MEMBERS THERE.

***THIS MEET IS HELD IN HONOR OF MY GOOD FRIENDS KITZ, KEYSOPENDOORS, AND E92PHREAK(e90post) MEMBERS***
****************SORRY NO VENDORS ARE INVITED*******************

________________________________________________________________________________________________
BMW E90/E91/E92/E93 Enthusiast Malibu Meet/Show/Canyon Run 3/15/09
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L.A./VENTURA COUNTY/ OC/SAN DIEGO E90 ONLY Enthusiasts MEET!!!

How's it going guys? I'm the guy who has setup the old M3 ONLY MALIBU MEETS in the past. My past Malibu meets were a huge success with large turn outs everytime. This meet is for all L.A., Ventura County, OC, San Diego E90's ONLY.

PLEASE DO NOT OPINIONATE ABOUT THIS MEET, IT IS PURELY FOR PHOTO SHOOT PURPOSES AND I WILL HAVE ANOTHER BMW MEET FOR ALL MODELS LATER!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR UNDERSTANDING.

Here is the info:

INVITED ONLY:
This is a BMW E9X ENTHUSIAST ONLY meet.
E90, E91, E92, E93: NON M3's and ///M3's. NO EXCEPTIONS PLEASE!!!

WHEN: SUNDAY, March 15th 2009

TIME: Arrive AT 10:00am SHARP. We will be leaving for the drive by 12pm NO WAITING!!!!

MEETING PLACE:
Ralph's "Malibu Colony Plaza" on PCH
23841 W. Malibu Rd. Malibu Ca. 90265

Fastest way to get there is taking the 101 FWY NORTH and exiting Las Virgenes Rd(Left)/WEST towards Malibu. You will be passing Pepperdine University.
Once you reach PCH/Malibu Rd. you make a LEFT. It is the Plaza on the RIGHT side at the bottom of the hill. There is plenty of open parking in the very back, right against PCH in the Ralph's parking lot. We will all park in reverse formation and side ways. Taking up the entire rear parking lot. THIS WILL BE A E90 ONLY PHOTO SHOOT/MEET/DRIVE!!!!

DRIVE:
We will be at the photo shoot/meet spot from 10am-12pm. At 12pm I will have a breef meeting with ALL drivers going on the drive. Then we will form a caravan to drive on PCH south to the drive area/canyon run. We will do my canyon route all the way past the MotorCycle Coffee shop on Mulholland and end the meet at the VIEW POINT after the Biker coffee shop right by Kanan Rd. We can all get a bite to eat afterwards if people want to.

WARNINGS:
THIS IS NOT A RACE!!!! NO SHOWING OFF OR JUMPING THE DOUBLE YELLOW LINE onto oncoming traffic. Remember that these are public roads and please consider/respect the lives of others.

NECESSITIES:
Walkie Talkies <---------VERY IMPORTANT
Plenty of Gas <----------PLEASE FUEL UP BEFORE MEET
Check Oil
Check Water Level
Check Tire Pressure
Check Lug Bolts
Drinking Water
Comfortable Light Clothes
Digital Cameras
Video Cameras
35 mm Cameras
AAA CARDS

If I'm missing anything or you want to suggest something let me know so I can add it to my list.

*****ALSO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST THE LINK FOR THIS MEET IN OTHER FORUMS*****
:thumbup:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
43 views and no comments? come on guys I have tons of emails from other forums asking about the meet.

·
Registered
549 Posts
whats the exact route u ussually take? and its no cost to us right? because u mentioned photoshoot and stuff? im down to come! got a few e9x's to join.

why arrive 10 if we need to leave at 12? just wondering...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats the exact route u ussually take? and its no cost to us right? because u mentioned photoshoot and stuff? im down to come! got a few e9x's to join.

why arrive 10 if we need to leave at 12? just wondering...
Hello leeor, you are more than welcome to post this E9x meet over on E90post.com to get more E9x's to show up. NO NO of course there is NO cost. ITS ABSOLUTELY FREE. The route will be explained the day of the event.

We all need to arrive at 10 for the photo shoot and meet. The drive doesn't start till 12pm sharp.
:thumbup:
See you there.

·
Banned
14,951 Posts
I really would not post up any information about canyon runs on the internet...
unless of course you want to get arrested

·
Registered
549 Posts
you think? I dont see how theyre illegal? driving in a group through the mountains?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I really would not post up any information about canyon runs on the internet...
unless of course you want to get arrested
My drive is only known to me and I will not post the exact route for those exact same reasons. Although it's not illegal to have a group of cars having a nice drive on some twistie roads.
you think? I dont see how theyre illegal? driving in a group through the mountains?
A canyon drive is NOT illegal, what individuals do and break the law is. It's going to be a really fun meet. By the way leeor did you post this meet in another forum yet?

Did you try E90post.com and M3Post.com???

·
Banned
14,951 Posts
have you ever driven through the mountains with a group of 10 of the same cars as yours? The tendency is to push it as far as you can. Which is obviously stupid but hard not to do. I like those canyons a lot too and would prefer people did not post online about them drawing unwanted attention to the area in general

·
Registered
549 Posts
sure?

·
Banned
14,951 Posts
ok, so you wrote the word sure with a question mark after it...is it an answer or a question and either way what does it mean? sorry but I just don't understand

·
Registered
549 Posts
meaning its not sucha big issue in my opinion, i really dont believe it can cause such a problem with the law or anything.. i mean the more cars the slower and less problems can happen on a one-lane road... maybe i just dont get what your trying to say.

cuz obviously CHP isnt stupid, and ive seen them in those canyons b4...

·
Banned
14,951 Posts
you have never been chased through a canyon by a helicopter than have you?
it sucks
not trying to be a bitch but it really sucks when you can't drive your favorite road anymore because people are
a. overcrowding them
b. they are littered with cops and there is just no point anymore in risking it

·
Banned
14,951 Posts
oh and you dont have to be driving fast at all...they will get your for your lack of front plate, exhaust, tint anything they can dude just a word of warning

·
Registered
549 Posts
i gave up on those stupid tickets. i park on my own damn block and cant stop the harrasment. **** the law!

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
I'm going to go because your coming to my town but I don't have a E9x. I talked to you on the phone about some trim stuff the other day Rich lol.
And I also want to warn you about Sunday. It's probably the worst day ever to come to Malibu.
There's SO many out of towners and bikers that will just cause any type of accident they can come up with and there's A lot more cops on Sunday then any other day.
If you wana know a better more secluded meet spot and a better canyon without the hassle of bikers and way to many people I suggest you reach me.
( It's better to be on the locals side that knows the town better then anyone then not at all ) lol.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
have you ever driven through the mountains with a group of 10 of the same cars as yours? The tendency is to push it as far as you can. Which is obviously stupid but hard not to do. I like those canyons a lot too and would prefer people did not post online about them drawing unwanted attention to the area in general
That is why I never post my route of choice. But thanks Brit for all your comments and concern. This is NOT a race, it's just a drive with a few BMW drivers.
I'm going to go because your coming to my town but I don't have a E9x. I talked to you on the phone about some trim stuff the other day Rich lol.
And I also want to warn you about Sunday. It's probably the worst day ever to come to Malibu.
There's SO many out of towners and bikers that will just cause any type of accident they can come up with and there's A lot more cops on Sunday then any other day.
If you wana know a better more secluded meet spot and a better canyon without the hassle of bikers and way to many people I suggest you reach me.
( It's better to be on the locals side that knows the town better then anyone then not at all ) lol.
Hey buddy, thanks for that info. No prob Van, you can certainly cruise with us for sure. It was nice talking to you the other day too. I gave up looking for your fabric and have been extremely busy so I'm sure you figured it out. If you get it, I will be more than happy to install it for you since I have all the tools and experience doing trims.

Does your more better secluded meet spot have a big enough parking lot to hold a few BMW's?

Get in contact with me please.

·
Registered
549 Posts
just checked the weather randomly, were expecting rain... DAMIT!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just checked the weather randomly, were expecting rain... DAMIT!
Just checked the weather again, and it's going to be in the high 70's to 80 with PLENTY OF SUN SHINE!!!!:p:thumbup::rofl::D
ill be there
NICE thanks deuce818, looking forward to seeing you there. :thumbup:

P.S. Duece818 will you be brinning a E9x BMW?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I will try be there before 12. No promises....

1 - 20 of 66 Posts