BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Become the Bull
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's winter, which means one thing; time to start thinking about spring :D

I want to get a nice set of summer rims/tires. I thought about getting m6 reps, but they just seem too "mod" to me. I'm going to for a professional sporty look. Please let me know what you think of my picks and let me know if you have any knowledge of the brand. I'm not looking to spend a fortune (in a perfect world i'd get Neez Model 7). I'm going to get 19" staggered set up

BMW OEM style 230

BMW OEM style 197

ASA AR1

BBS CK

Beyern Mesh

As you can see i'm looking at a forked design if i can find a good one. Otherwise its the style 230 for me.

Recommendations welcome! Thanks :bigpimp:

·
Skjoni's Dad
1,733 Posts
It would help you get responses if you went to the trouble of posting picks of your options....;)

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
As well as I think I know these wheels, it's definitely easier with pics in the thread ;)

That being said, I've owned a set of Beyern Mesh and was very pleased with the construction and finish.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
I like the looks of the Beyern Mesh and I have heard they are good quality. I would think twice about going to 19s particuarly if you are sticking with RFTs.

CA

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mesh or 197.

·
N54
3,427 Posts
My favorite OEM E92 wheels are the 197 and the M-sport wheels.

Aftermarket I'd look at CSL reps by VMR (model# VB3)

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
+1 on the VMR's. I've been very pleased with mine (other than how difficult they are to clean). That name should be on any consideration list for wheels, imo.

·
N54
3,427 Posts
As well as I think I know these wheels, it's definitely easier with pics in the thread ;)

That being said, I've owned a set of Beyern Mesh and was very pleased with the construction and finish.
Curious as to how long you had the Beyerns.... they're made by TSW, right? I've heard TSW's quality was about average, at best

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
Curious as to how long you had the Beyerns.... they're made by TSW, right? I've heard TSW's quality was about average, at best
About a year before I sold the car with them on it. Fitment was excellent; zero issues there. Finish stayed in great shape with just washing (no wheel wax or what have you) for as long as I had them on.

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
As long as you don't mind the degradation of ride quality and you think your roads are in good enough shape to run them, they look AMAZING. My rear tires tuck by about an eighth inch on stock suspension. It looks mean.

·
Become the Bull
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My rear tires tuck by about an eighth inch on stock suspension. It looks mean.
n00b; what does that mean, "tuck"?

I just searched on mod bargains they have them posted online for $999, is that for a set of 4 or are they $1000 a rim?

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
n00b; what does that mean, "tuck"?

I just searched on mod bargains they have them posted online for $999, is that for a set of 4 or are they $1000 a rim?
The outer, upper edge of the tire sits above the lower edge of the fender well such that you can't see the entire upper edge of the tire from a horizontal vantage point.

Also, they're $999 / set of four.

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
I've been impressed so far, so a shameless plug for VMR on my part is to be expected.

To be honest, though, I'm going with the V713's over the V710's for my next set sometime next year. Gotta mix it up a bit. :D

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
VMR V710s

done.

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
It's winter, which means one thing; time to start thinking about spring :D

I want to get a nice set of summer rims/tires. I thought about getting m6 reps, but they just seem too "mod" to me. I'm going to for a professional sporty look. Please let me know what you think of my picks and let me know if you have any knowledge of the brand. I'm not looking to spend a fortune (in a perfect world i'd get Neez Model 7). I'm going to get 19" staggered set up
New York is a brutal place to run a low profile wheel and tire. That said, I have made it through Manhattan, Staten Island and the Bronx many times with my car lowered for racing on 17's and not had any epic fails.

An alternative you might want to consider is that lowering the vehicle makes the wheels appear to be +1 or even +2. It gives this optical illusion where the black space disappears and the wheel looks closer to the body. Even seasoned car guys sometimes think I am running a larger wheel.

Attachments

·
Become the Bull
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New York is a brutal place to run a low profile wheel and tire. That said, I have made it through Manhattan, Staten Island and the Bronx many times with my car lowered for racing on 17's and not had any epic fails.

An alternative you might want to consider is that lowering the vehicle makes the wheels appear to be +1 or even +2. It gives this optical illusion where the black space disappears and the wheel looks closer to the body. Even seasoned car guys sometimes think I am running a larger wheel.
I'm on Long Island, so teh roads aren't that bad, but again not perfect ALL the time (construction on the parkways, etc.)

I really don't want to lower the car; it's something that i would never want to go cheap on and i just don't want to spend that much money on something i'm not going to use for its real purpose (performance). I automatically went to 19's b/c the stock sports package puts 19's on. Once i'm closer to teh actual purpose i'm going to be looking for e92's with 18's and 19's and just eyeball the tire profile and make the executive decision when the time comes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts