BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !
I scratched my rims while parking last week :mad: I blame this entirely on the fact that I spent a week driving in the UK on the wrong side of the road and lost my bearings :)

I'm now looking at fixing and re-finishing my rims. I have the 18in A44 Gunmetal 219m rim colors/type.

Now I have a pretty solid plan on how to get these sanded and repainted, but I'm struggling on where to find the paint. I'm in Canada, but can't even find them online anywhere...

Help?

·
458 Posts
GeorgesAA, a good first step in looking for a paint is to find who makes the paint you know as "Gunmetal 219m." Try the enclosed data base. Bear in mind that the manufacturer of the paint may use a different name and code for the paint than the company that made your rims (I do not know about your "gunmetal," but my car's paint is called by BMW "titan silver 354," and by DuPont "silver gray F3074").

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?model=330&rows=50

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Oulixes,
Thanks for that website, but unfortunately it only calls out colors for the body of the car, not the rims. Still looking for some help on identifying the color code, or where I can buy !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my research, appears the color code is 226.618 HWB.

Shop here didn't recognize that reference, and the online index I found required 3 values to define an HWB color code. Anyone have anymore information?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts