Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new but looking for help. I have a 540i msport and wish to buy some used rims for studded winter tires. Can anyone tell me a way to figure out what will work. having a hard time figuring what I can use Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
5×120, et 20, 74.1 center hub.
Those work.
Also check the manual.... it contains useful info. It's available online also.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5×120, et 20, 74.1 center hub.
Those work.
Also check the manual.... it contains useful info. It's available online also.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks so much. Love the car but it's pretty squirrely when the roads get wet.

·
Registered
15,512 Posts
The E39 has a unique hub size. Best would be a 16 in E39 wheel, mounted with skinnier tires than what you have now. Look at the door jamb sticker.

Why would you want to drive this car in winter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The E39 has a unique hub size. Best would be a 16 in E39 wheel, mounted with skinnier tires than what you have now. Look at the door jamb sticker.

Why would you want to drive this car in winter?
Thank you for sharing this info. I teach skiing and snow boarding at Aspen-Snowmass and I was riding the bus 50 miles everyday, but with the corona crap I think I will avoid that. I have a wonderful Jeep JL that I can drive when its bad but it only gets about 10 MPG. I know I should by and old Subaru or something for the winter and still might. Way to many vehicles already. Thanks again Dan

·
RIP #9
1,408 Posts
I ran 15x7 Style 29s on my E39, with 205/65R-15 Conti ExtremeWinterContact tires. Absolutely loved how it drove and handled in the snow, especially deep snow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, Thanks a ton for the info. I'm searching Hi and Low for rims . Thanks again Dan

·
Long Distance Runner
829 Posts
I have a set of Style 81 rims off a 2003 525i Sport, so non-staggered. They are 17" and currently mounted with Bridgestone Blizzaks. Used them on my 540i Sport, but no longer drive the car during the winter. I'm willing to sell them. Its been a few years since I used them, so I need to double check the condition of the tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonderful, let me know what you are think on price .I will probably put studded snow on them. Gets pretty gnarly here thanks for info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would be cheaper to ship without the tires. I could pay and have them pulled off. I would do $350 for the set plus shipping. They are in excellent condition. Send me a PM and we can work out details/shipping. Picture on my car from a few years ago:

View attachment 1010881
Thank you for getting back to me. Where are you located. Do you now the weight and what it would cost ship them to 135 Ponderosa, Glenwood Spring, Colorado.81601. That's Beautiful Bemmer. What year is it? So they 5x20 bolt , ET 20 center of 74.1? just checking. It would be easier if you texted me at 970-948-3265 or email me at [email protected] Many thanks. Dan Gilbert

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
In case those pretty style 81's don't work out for any reason, consider downsizing to 16" rims with narrow 215/60-16 to sink through deep snow for traction (see TireRack for sizes). Lots of used 16" BMW rims for E39 can be found.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts