BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
indiasfinest said:
that car looks awsome, srry for this noob question, but is that color factory? i dont think it is, but im new to BMW
Quite possibly thas true...... :dunno: it was in the movies in Hollywood...anything is possible there....BMW might have painted it for them....or they cud have gotten an aftermarket job too....
But like I said earlier about the documentary on Tomorrow Never Dies: 007... James Bond's 750iL....there were quite a few actual cars, car bodies that were stripped down including other spareparts like windshields, doors, etc. of 750's which some were provided by BMW.... as part of the movie shoot ... but obviously they did customizations in their own bodyshop on the movie set....

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
bimmer7 said:
Quite possibly thas true...... :dunno: it was in the movies in Hollywood...anything is possible there....BMW might have painted it for them....or they cud have gotten an aftermarket job too....
But like I said earlier about the documentary on Tomorrow Never Dies: 007... James Bond's 750iL....there were quite a few actual cars, car bodies that were stripped down including other spareparts like windshields, doors, etc. of 750's which some were provided by BMW.... as part of the movie shoot ... but obviously they did customizations in their own bodyshop on the movie set....
When I was married my wife did a Bond film with Pierce Brosnan - The World Is Not Enough. Pierce and I sat together at a dinner before the premiere in London. Naturally, all I wanted to ask him about was the Z8 in the movie. He told me he drove a bunch of mules - the Z8 wasn't ready yet for production - and that they were terrible. (A mule is a car patched together, often with parts from other cars.) When the movie was over, the Z8 was ready for production and BMW offered him a Z8 on the condition that he drive it in Southern Caifornia. (He lives near me in Malibu.) He turned BMW down cold, because of his experience driving the mules.

After his next film he was hoping Ford would offer him the Aston Martin. Nope. So he sprang for one out of his own pocket.

BTW - Bimmer7 - "cud" is what a cow chews, over and over again. "Could" doesn't sound like "cud," either.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Malibubimmer said:
When I was married my wife did a Bond film with Pierce Brosnan - The World Is Not Enough. Pierce and I sat together at a dinner before the premiere in London. Naturally, all I wanted to ask him about was the Z8 in the movie. He told me he drove a bunch of mules - the Z8 wasn't ready yet for production - and that they were terrible. (A mule is a car patched together, often with parts from other cars.) When the movie was over, the Z8 was ready for production and BMW offered him a Z8 on the condition that he drive it in Southern Caifornia. (He lives near me in Malibu.) He turned BMW down cold, because of his experience driving the mules.

After his next film he was hoping Ford would offer him the Aston Martin. Nope. So he sprang for one out of his own pocket.

BTW - Bimmer7 - "cud" is what a cow chews, over and over again. "Could" doesn't sound like "cud," either.
I see thats a nice story..... :thumbup: somewhat mirrors to what I said on the top about the 750's (documentary was on topgear by the way done by Tiff)....which was the question asked by indiasfinest....about repainting....

Now this is not my ENGL101 lecture where I spell out each word...and make it sound gramatically correct :yikes: :yikes: ....

Lissen GRANDPA! stop correcting me....this is a freakingg online forum NOT AN ONLINE DISTANCE EDUCATION COURSE.....okay....theres all sorts of people here who would normally understand.....i dont have time to spell out each word every time i post something.....OK! :tsk:

I dunno why you criticise everything so much....maybe I guess as an attorney you have a lot of time on your hands..... :dunno:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
NTB said:
That is one ugly color in my opinion.
yea I agree :thumbup: .. but the rims are not too bad....... I think they will loook good on blue :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
bimmer7 said:
yea I agree :thumbup: .. but the rims are not too bad....... I think they will loook good on blue :)
Too Blingy for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its a 745Li for sure they had this talk on e46fanatics.com

·
Go Gators
10,338 Posts
Ahah! I was right! Not a 760Li just as I suspected!

Here is a picture of the seats, note the ABESCENCE of comfort seats and the 3 spoke steering wheel didnt come in the 760Li just the 760i, thus making this the biggest 760Li poser in the universe!

I WIN! :D

(yeah they already proved it was a 745Li, oh well, I proved it more..)

·
Registered
161 Posts
BmW745On19's said:
Ahah! I was right! Not a 760Li just as I suspected!

Here is a picture of the seats, note the ABESCENCE of comfort seats and the 3 spoke steering wheel didnt come in the 760Li just the 760i, thus making this the biggest 760Li poser in the universe!

I WIN! :D

(yeah they already proved it was a 745Li, oh well, I proved it more..)
Also no hand stitched leather on the dash or wood inlays.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I guessed they switched cars because the seven I saw in the movie was blue.

·
Registered
93 Posts
im assuming you havnt seen the whole movie, after they steal the money, they have like this layer of removable paint on the car (which is the red one) and it comes off like a sticker to reveal teh blue paint. then they change the rims back to stock. and so now, nobody can tell it was them that stole the money because there car looks nothing like it did before.

·
Registered
418 Posts
indiasfinest said:
im assuming you havnt seen the whole movie, after they steal the money, they have like this layer of removable paint on the car (which is the red one) and it comes off like a sticker to reveal teh blue paint. then they change the rims back to stock. and so now, nobody can tell it was them that stole the money because there car looks nothing like it did before.
OIC. Yeah, I just saw towards the end of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
HN said:
Does anyone know what kind of rims the 760Li had in the movie TAXI (w/jimmy fallon)?

Or where I can find that information

Thanks in advance..
them rims on that car is tight. wonder what they are.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts