BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was involved in a pretty bad accident today. Some dumb lady turned right on a red light as she saw me coming still decided to go. Makes a wide right turn coming into my lane. I had 1 car length to stop (I'm going about 60) and by the time I slam on the brakes it was too late. Car may be totaled but I'm not sure what's the damage underneath. Thankfully it wasn't worse and nobody got injured. I'm very angry that after my hard work repairing the car this happens. Idiot drivers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
That's an absolute and aggravating shame--on her. I hope the car isn't totaled and glad to hear that no one is injured.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all! Car is just property and is always replaceable. I'm just glad it wasn't any worse.
John- I know she even said to me I saw you coming.. Then why'd did you even go??
Marcozandrini- there's a part of me that wants it gone and a part that doesn't
Smolck- hahah never too soon

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious, what did the woman have to say about it? Did she admit guilt?
She tried blaming me which even babies know it's her fault. Green> red. She was saying I was speeding (I was going 5 over) and that I had room to stop. All bs, wish I had a dash cam for this. Fortunately had a witness stop and give me her number.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
She tried blaming me which even babies know it's her fault. Green> red. She was saying I was speeding (I was going 5 over) and that I had room to stop. All bs, wish I had a dash cam for this. Fortunately had a witness stop and give me her number.
Sigh... there's just not much integrity out there, is there?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Was she cited by a cop for failing to yield?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John- nope I don't think there is.
Dave- nope no citation, I was annoyed they didn't since I had 6 cops show up lol

·
Keeping it surreal
43,228 Posts
Sorry to hear this. The upsides are, you weren`t hurt, and there are currently lots of E46s out there for sale....
Keep your spirits up ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear this. The upsides are, you weren`t hurt, and there are currently lots of E46s out there for sale....
Keep your spirits up ! :thumbup:
Thanks fast bob!
I wouldn't mind a e46, I think I'm going to stick with a rwd older Japanese car. New job requires a lot of driving.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,228 Posts
Thanks fast bob!
I wouldn't mind a e46, I think I'm going to stick with a rwd older Japanese car. New job requires a lot of driving.
In that case, an Infiniti Q45 or Lexus LS400 might be a logical choice....roomy, fast, comfortable.... :bigpimp:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In that case, an Infiniti Q45 or Lexus LS400 might be a logical choice....roomy, fast, comfortable.... :bigpimp:
Yes I have those cars on my mind. I was thinking a manual G35 sedan. It's nice sporty roomy and comfy. Replace all plastic interior parts with better non plastic parts. What do you think?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Keeping it surreal
43,228 Posts
Hey fast bob,

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5857290364.html

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5863253615.html

I was thinking either of these cars. I really like both of them. Which one would be better in the long run. I know they are the same engine, but may have different problems?
OK, first, The Hard Truth.... ANY out-of-warranty German car is gonna be a real crapshoot as far as reliability goes. If your wallet can take the hit for ongoing repairs, then by all means, jump on that 5-Series (I had 2 Fives in the past, loved them both).
That One-Series is cool too, but I would consider that more of a one-or-two person car, it`s pretty small inside. To me, the 5 is about the perfect size, style, etc.
(Flip a coin, my boy :D)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, first, The Hard Truth.... ANY out-of-warranty German car is gonna be a real crapshoot as far as reliability goes. If your wallet can take the hit for ongoing repairs, then by all means, jump on that 5-Series (I had 2 Fives in the past, loved them both).
That One-Series is cool too, but I would consider that more of a one-or-two person car, it`s pretty small inside. To me, the 5 is about the perfect size, style, etc.
(Flip a coin, my boy :D)
Thanks for the response!
I see. I found a 09 335i sedan 60K miles 1 owner no accidents for 18K. I'm considering it.
Also really weird I found a 2012 335i for 15K, owner claims it's clean title..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts