BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have just got in my 325CI with a new pair of (stupid) jeans. Turns out there was quite a sharp zip on one of the pockets which has destroyed the bucket section of my Alcantara seats. Im still fuming as I write this! This forum has been of great help over the years... and therefore I am once agan coming for some expert advice.

Does anyone in the UK know if seats like this can be repaired? Black Alcantara. I guess the whole seat would need to be re-skinned?! If it is possible does anyone know where I could go for a quote?

Thanks in advance guys.

Groatsy!

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
Alcantara seats on a 325i? You sig says you own a 330. Which is it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 325CI - no idea how i've got it down as a 330 on my profile... i'll go change it. I bought the car when it was a year old, but pretty sure the seats were an extra. I'm in London so just looking for somewhere that will give me a quote. Does anyone have any idea on the likely cost?

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
Regardless, he is in London, where Alcantara seats were likely an individual option..
Likely not.

I've been in dozens of E46s in London and I belong to a club there. I have never, ever seen Alcantata. He has cloth, which is common.

Look for an upholstery shop locally.

·
In vino veritas
3,374 Posts
Likely not.

I've been in dozens of E46s in London and I belong to a club there. I have never, ever seen Alcantata. He has cloth, which is common.

Look for an upholstery shop locally.
Alcantara/cloth is definitely available in Europe, if not exactly common. I've personally seen it in German market BMW Individual cars, and in more colors than just the anthracite (black) that the US market ZHP came with.

See here, for example: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-06-BMW-3....c0.m14&_trkparms=65:7|66:2|39:1|293:1|294:50

It was even available in the compact: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-318ti-Spo....c0.m14&_trkparms=65:7|66:2|39:1|293:1|294:50

Here's an Australian market model with a reddish-brown cloth/alcantara (pretty cool): http://www.cardomain.com/ride/440002

Also, if you think that 318Ci looks familiar, that's because it is: ZHP is basically the M-Sportpaket II/M-Sport version of the 330i. That's where the shift knob, wheels, body work, cube trim, etc. comes from (you didn't really think they made all of that just for the US market, did you?). Granted, the M135 wheels and such weren't available until late in the E46 production run (M-tech II has been around for a while, though), but the point remains. Two things that M-sport doesn't include are the more aggressive cam profile and shorter rear end ratio; those things are unique to the US ZHP. BMWNA basically cherry picked the BMW Individual parts bin to create the package.

I usually tell non-BMW people in the US that my car is an "M-sport 330i" because it sounds a lot better than the dorky "performance package" or cryptographic (and still dorky) "ZHP." :rofl:

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
I stand corrected. Sorry mate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts