BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Roadster boot cover install

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  stucker 
#1 ·
I own a 2000 M roadster that came without the boot cover. I purchased a boot cover from a 2002 M roadster thinking they would be the same. I'm not too sure. I cannot figure out how to install the cover. The cover snaps look to be different than the vehicle snaps and I'm not even sure it fits otherwise. I've searched a few forums for info but found nothing definitive. The boot cover is kinda stiff and has a "guide" edge in the middle front. Any assistance would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Can't comment on whether they're the same or not. But I would toss out.. there are two pins / releases that snap on to the back of the roll hoop console area. The posts are on the car. The snaps are on the boot cover. Here's the thing though. Don't try to push them on. You'll break 'em. The snaps have a ball on the end. Pull it back to release the mechanism inside.

So.. to put the snaps on the posts, pull the little ball back and just slide them over the post. There isn't actually any snap feel or sound to it. Release the ball and they won't come off ('til you pull the ball again).

There's another set of these on the outside wings of the boot cover.

Everything else about the boot cover... it just tucks in underneath the rubber seal around the trunk.

#3 ·
I believe they're all the same.

Fold the ends inward, finished side out (furry side in). Put the boot cover against the rear trim where the snaps are, and fasten those snaps. They're pull-to-open. Unfold the ends and attach the snaps by the back of the doors. Then tuck the outside ridge down into the ragtop compartment. The stiffness of the boot cover holds it against the rubber.

#5 ·
My 99's boot will fit the 01 and vise-versa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.