BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
A Clean Windshield
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats involved to install a rollhoop in my coupe? Or if its possible. Would look nice and add some strength/protection. Have'nt seen a rollbar for the coupe that didn't look like a failed attempt

·
Registered
398 Posts
The coupe would require the roll-hoop mount points down in the bulkhead area ... AND ... if they were there, you'd have to find some way to get the vertical clearance to slide them in. I can't imagine that being possible.

When I installed the shock-mounts in my Coupe, I had the rear area pretty well disassembled... I don't recall seeing the roll-hoop brackets, but that's not to say they weren't there. I wasn't looking for them specifically.

I'd swapped out the hoops when I owned the Roadster, and they need to slide up several inches to be free of the mounts. The Coupe, like I now own, wouldn't have the inside roof clearance.

Additionally, the Roadster's bulkhead plastic is completely different... raised on the outside edges. The Coupe's goes straight across.

What would be better is to have a rear "cage" fabricated... some of the plastics would need cutting, but it shouldn't be too bad.

·
A Clean Windshield
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rollhoop

Thanks your info on observations of roll hoop removal/installation . I have seen other coupe's with cages made. I guess that will be the route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.