BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
701 - 720 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rolf will be a very welcome sight near the Edeka market at the Munich Airport/Flughafen. After a long flight, he'll take care of getting you settled.
Best wishes to you and to Rolf....

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Whom do you call or contact to arrange being picked up at Airport to be taken to Welt?
BMW ED will send you a detailed e-mail once they receive your purchase order. In that e-mail will be details on how to arrange the free SIXT limo driver to pick you up at the airport and transport you either to your hotel or the Welt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How much does Rolf charge?

The BMW NA ED welcoming kit suggests arranging airport transportation with a company called LOG IN OUT GmbH , they charge 65 euro (that is, from Munich to aiport or vice versa). How much does Rolf charge? Thx

·
Registered
13 Posts

>>>

By contrast, the Sixt dude was late, and when he picked us up at the hotel and instead of taking us to the Welt went to the Airport. Great, but that wasn't where we were headed. Made me later than I wanted to be to check in.

I'd rather have Rolf in a red hot second.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The BMW NA ED welcoming kit suggests arranging airport transportation with a company called LOG IN OUT GmbH , they charge 65 euro (that is, from Munich to aiport or vice versa). How much does Rolf charge? Thx

>>>

By contrast, the Sixt dude was late, and when he picked us up at the hotel and instead of taking us to the Welt went to the Airport. Great, but that wasn't where we were headed. Made me later than I wanted to be to check in.

I'd rather have Rolf in a red hot second.
[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of such a thing? Did you tell the "Sixt dude" where you were going? You have to pre-arrange this thru e-mail.

He was on time picking us at the airport and driving us to our hotel. Didn't charge us anything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The quote about the "Sixt dude" was from another user
(Originally Posted by vonmayr View Post)

I'm just trying to figure out who to call for my upcoming trip.
LM

I've never heard of such a thing? Did you tell the "Sixt dude" where you were going? You have to pre-arrange this thru e-mail.

He was on time picking us at the airport and driving us to our hotel. Didn't charge us anything.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The quote about the "Sixt dude" was from another user
(Originally Posted by vonmayr View Post)

I'm just trying to figure out who to call for my upcoming trip.
LM
This is an excerpt from what BMW ED sent me after they received my purchase order:

Shuttle Service from the Airport - We are pleased to announce that we now offer a complimentary shuttle service. This service is limited to one transfer from the airport to either your hotel in downtown Munich or the BMW Welt. To make your reservations please contact Sixt Customer Service by Email: [email protected] or Telephone: +49 89 210 310 02, providing the following information:

• First and Last Name
• Date and time of arrival in Munich
• Airline and Flight Number
• Number of Guests traveling

I think I also had to give them my production number.

·
I got my F80 :-)
340 Posts
I used Rolf and hopefully I will again. Besides transportation he can get you local sim card, travel guides, anything you need. He have BMW 3 series station wagon. Plenty of room for your suitcases. Besides that you can continue using his service for time of your stay. Email him in advance if you need sim card or travel guides.

·
I got my F80 :-)
340 Posts
From Munich airport to BMW Welt he charges 55€. That was in January. Plus free valuable info on German driving rules. Little crash course how to avoid getting ticket. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts

He was on time picking us at the airport and driving us to our hotel. Didn't charge us anything.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I arranged with SIXT to take me to the WELT - I have the confirmation email. I also verbally confirmed with the driver WELT when he arrived. Being unfamiliar with Munich, next I knew we were approaching the airport, which I knew was wrong. Driver said something along the lines of "brain fart". No catastrophe, but Rolf was on time and where he was supposed to be and understood where to go. I think there is package pricing for an airport transfer one day and a Welt transfer the next from Rolf.

701 - 720 of 744 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.