BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
721 - 740 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is an excerpt from what BMW ED sent me after they received my purchase order:

Shuttle Service from the Airport - We are pleased to announce that we now offer a complimentary shuttle service. This service is limited to one transfer from the airport to either your hotel in downtown Munich or the BMW Welt. To make your reservations please contact Sixt Customer Service by Email: [email protected] or Telephone: +49 89 210 310 02, providing the following information:

• First and Last Name
• Date and time of arrival in Munich
• Airline and Flight Number
• Number of Guests traveling

I think I also had to give them my production number.
interesting. It seems they have changed their policy or for some reason are not sending the same info to everybody. Here's what I got after my purchase order was received in February 2015:
Shuttle Service from the Airport - The company, LOG IN OUT, offers a shuttle service from the Munich Airport to the BMW Welt or downtown Munich. For reservations, please contact LOG IN OUT directly with detailed arrival information a minimum of 48 business hours prior to arrival.
· Email - [email protected]
· Phone from Germany - 089 41611460
· Phone from US - 011 49 89 41611460
· Cost - a single fare is 65 Euros

No mention of complimentary service!

·
I got my F80 :-)
340 Posts
All of which the free drivers love to chat you up about also.
Either or, I was advised by our members to use Rolf, and I took their advice. 50,60,100€ more less didn't break my budget. What I understood, Rolf is being driver for US ED people for over a years. And you cant go wrong using his services. And that is coming from many members here.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Just got my confirmation from SIXT we are using them to go from the Hotel to the Welt, took less then a day, now, still waiting for Rolf to contact me...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I had Peter twice (2011 and 2014). Wife and I are doing another ED on Sept 4th. We already booked with Sixt, but would love to have Peter pick us up from Hotel to Welt on delivery date. Peter saved out butt last time and we would love to see him again.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
I had Peter twice (2011 and 2014). Wife and I are doing another ED on Sept 4th. We already booked with Sixt, but would love to have Peter pick us up from Hotel to Welt on delivery date. Peter saved out butt last time and we would love to see him again.
Just got my e-mail from Rolf, he is on holiday on our arrival date, but his friend Peter will be picking us up in a 120d.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Peter is great too. I think he flies airplanes or at least is an aviation buff so if you have an interest in that area should make a cool connection:

Peter assisting us with our ED pre-Welt:

Rolf told me Peter use to work for BMW.. Anyhow, if he is an aviation buff like me, then we will get a long well, our flight over to FRA, is on a A380 in FC..

·
Super Moderator
3,797 Posts
Getting to welt from the airport with sixt. Does rolf ever take people from welt to the airport?
Reading about Rolf, he would probably be happy to do that or many other things, like giving a BMW oriented city tour.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sitting here at my hotel in Munich, eagerly awaiting to take delivery of my 340 tomorrow :rofl:

I flew into Munich and met my family who flew in before me. Peter and Rolf picked up my family in two cars, while Rolf picked me up in the afternoon.

They were absolutely professional, courteous, and pretty awesome; would highly recommend!

I'm using the Sixt service for tomorrow for hotel to Welt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sitting here at my hotel in Munich, eagerly awaiting to take delivery of my 340 tomorrow :rofl:

I flew into Munich and met my family who flew in before me. Peter and Rolf picked up my family in two cars, while Rolf picked me up in the afternoon.

They were absolutely professional, courteous, and pretty awesome; would highly recommend!

I'm using the Sixt service for tomorrow for hotel to Welt.
Almost the same situation here.

Sitting in the plane, waiting for takeoff. Taking delivery of my 340 tomorrow as well. Using Sixt to take me from airport directly to Welt.

The wait is over.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Some more information about Rolf:

Here is Rolf's picture.

Postal Address:
BMW AG
80788 Munchen
Street Address:
Konstanzer Strasse 39

phone/fax: +49 89 354-3636
mobile: +49 171 8251492

A couple of comments. When it comes to traveling, I'm amongst the cheapest individuals and spare most expenses that many would consider essential. I've chosen to ride on the back of the $1 scooter out of the airport in Cambodia over the $10 taxi; cramp myself for two hours with five locals in a bush taxi for $2.5 crossing the border into Cameroon, rented a dilapidated junk from a hole in the wall business in Colombia over better known agencies and traveled the country side... I could go on for pages on how to save a buck or two in foreign places by quickly adapting to what the local population does, so why did I choose something so seemingly pecunious as having an agent pick me up at the airport to take me to the delivery center versus just taking public transportation?
Well, Rolf's fee of 35E is ridiculously low compared to a taxi. It barely covers the cost of gas, specially if he shows up in a 7 series as he did when he picked me up. He has easy access to fleet vehicles, so he tries to use them if he can. He's quasi-retired and only does this to supplement his pension and perhaps keep himself entertained. More formally, he does Costumer Service for VIPs from Africa and the Caribbean, but since he has free time, he also brings ED purchasers from the airport to the center, and if they want, he can give them a private tour of the factory. He's been with BMW since '67, so if he keeps to the subject, he can provide a wealth of information.

You can still get to the center from the airport for less, but at about 10E for the circular route of the S/U-bahn there isn't much savings if there is more than one person in your party (I met up with my dad who had a recently operated knee so I was limiting the walking also). The train will also take at least an extra 40 min. so if you arrive in the afternoon as I did, you're cutting it close (I was scheduled to arrive at 1pm, but with some delays, I was by far, the last person at the delivery center, --I barely got to use my coupon for the cafe upstairs, as they were half-closing). You may save some time if you take the Luftansa shuttle to a bahn station as some have suggested, but then you haven't saved anything when you add the shuttle and the train.

Lastly, Rolf is a very chatting person, and unlike a cab driver, he knows exactly why you are there. So he can answer some questions if you still have them, such as driving regulations, or the meaning of some signs on the road if you haven't spent much time in Europe before. I mentioned to him my subsequent drive to Koln that evening, and he was able to suggest a place to stop midpoint 300km away where I could sample some sausages at a particular festival taking place that week.
So if you don't get an answer by email, I would suggest you spend the extra buck on the phone call to Germany and reach him on his mobile, give him your date and flight number, and he'll let you know if he's available.
And for those getting picked up by Rolf's backup, Peter, here is Peter:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Too bad, Rolf's son has school holidays when we arrive August 17.

I would have enjoyed his expertise.

I've inquired if he will also be away the following week and will share the information with the group.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rolf Status?

Any news from Rolf recently? He really made our 2014 arrival in Munich special and regardless of the now "free" SIXT BMW pickup service, I'd hire Rolf again if that opportunity arises :roundel:

721 - 740 of 744 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.