BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my 745LI about 3 weeks ago and I have noticed when I slow down and end up rolling to a stop the rpm hand and the car rolls smooth until it gets dwon to say between 8&10mph if feel like I hit like a flat spot or something the car make a kind of catching type of movement. It almost like a hesitation any ideas would a hotspot in the rotors pose as problem like this? Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is the car possibly switching from 2nd to 1st all that time? Now that you mention that it does feel like it applying the brakes quickly and releasing, I guess I'm off to my first visit to the shop?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The pulsating brake is caused by one or more warped brake disks. If the steering wheel does not shake then it is probably the rear disks. This happens to people who regularly brakes hard and hold the brake after the car comes to a stop. The frequent heating on individual spots on the disk causes the inconsistent thickness on them. You can have the disks turned if there is still enough thickness left. If not, you will need new disks.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The pulsating brake is caused by one or more warped brake disks. If the steering wheel does not shake then it is probably the rear disks. This happens to people who regularly brakes hard and hold the brake after the car comes to a stop. The frequent heating on individual spots on the disk causes the inconsistent thickness on them. You can have the disks turned if there is still enough thickness left. If not, you will need new disks.
This could be possible too. Take it to the dealer and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealr info

Dealer says that there is a new update that just came out they should have it with in a month, now my car goes out of warranty next month are they trying to string me along until my warranty is out?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Do dealers "update" cars that are out of warranty? If so, how much does it cost?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
no warranty , software upgrade if needed will be on customer's cost . too bad but this how they tax us

1 - 11 of 11 Posts