BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
How much are they? BMW makes one almost exactly like it. Also, if I was to get something of that particular style I'd go for the BBS RS IIs instead, lightweight and strong to boot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rondell cross spopke

guys,

I found were they sell this wheel. I looking around the web and turns out that bekkers sells them. The only thing is they are replicas. Not sure how strong replica wheels are. $229 a piece.

What do you guys think about it? They kinda look like BBS LMs.
 

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
It all depends on how the wheels were made; forged, pieced, etc. The fact that they're replicas doesn't really have anything to do with it, so if you can find out how they're made let us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
webguy330i said:
It all depends on how the wheels were made; forged, pieced, etc. The fact that they're replicas doesn't really have anything to do with it, so if you can find out how they're made let us know.
just got off the phone with one of the sales guy from bekkers. The wheels are made from germany and its pieced. I'm planning to buy them next month, I will let everyone know how it turns out. Too bad bekkers don't sell tires with their wheels.:(
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Check with TIRERACK or TheWheelExchange first...I think TireRack carries Rondell wheels as well as replicas. I KNOW for sure TheWheelExchange carries some very nice replicas as well that may look EXACTLY like what you are looking for. They're likely cast aluminum alloys so they're about as structurally sound as OEM wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The HACK said:
Check with TIRERACK or TheWheelExchange first...I think TireRack carries Rondell wheels as well as replicas. I KNOW for sure TheWheelExchange carries some very nice replicas as well that may look EXACTLY like what you are looking for. They're likely cast aluminum alloys so they're about as structurally sound as OEM wheels.
Thanks hack. I did call the wheelexchange as well but they don't carry this particular wheel. I'm going to call tirerack and see if they have them.
 

·
Early roadfly migrant
Joined
·
397 Posts
Call edgeracing. They are an official distributor of the Rondell wheels. They probably have the best price on that wheel. 17x8 at $178, direct fitment for e46s. The wheel is German TUV approved (Rondell is a German wheel company as well, doing lots of replicas).

Thank me later. ;)
 

·
Early roadfly migrant
Joined
·
397 Posts
Forgot to mention...They are most likely cast aluminum. I don't think it's realistic to expect them to be forged for that price. I have a set of Rondells coming my way, and I'll let you know my impressions of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
let me know how you make out

Cal said:
Forgot to mention...They are most likely cast aluminum. I don't think it's realistic to expect them to be forged for that price. I have a set of Rondells coming my way, and I'll let you know my impressions of them.
Cal..

that's really good to know. let me know how you make out with the Rondell wheels. Post some pics when you have time just to see how it looks. I just know that it will look awesome when you put them on. I always like the deep dish look of the wheels on BMW's. I will give them a call first thing Monday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Did anyone get their Rondell wheels in?

How are they? I am thinking of getting a set. Can someone post some pictures of their setup? Is it better to get them from Bekker or from edgeracing? I heard edgeracing had bad customer support.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,836 Posts
geomax said:
Anyone got pics of the M5 style wheel on an E46?? I saw one somewhere..maybe here or on the .org..can't recall where, but those wheels look fantastic!!
If you go to the thewheelexchange and click on the gallery section, you'll find plenty.
 

·
Early roadfly migrant
Joined
·
397 Posts
Re: Did anyone get their Rondell wheels in?

opop said:
How are they? I am thinking of getting a set. Can someone post some pictures of their setup? Is it better to get them from Bekker or from edgeracing? I heard edgeracing had bad customer support.
Yes, I did get a set, but ended up getting rid of them after only a couple of weeks. They were too heavy and quality was just so-so. But worst of all, edgeracing has terrible customer support. I had bad tires shipped with my rims, but they wouldn't do anything about them. All they said was "contact the tire manufacturer".

If you do get those rims, go to Bekkers. However, do consider other brands (like Breytons) which are of much better quality.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top