BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was washing my 2007 328i coupe last Friday; it was in the 80's outside. After the washing I was pottering around in the garage for about ten minutes; when I went outside to drive the car back into the garage both windows were all the way down and the sunroof was open about nine inches. I do not have CA and the key fob was sitting on a bench in the garage until I picked it up to drive the car.

I don't know of any non-CA key fob feature that opens the car this way. The driver's door was unlocked; the passenger's, locked.

Is there some sort of "cabin overheat" auto-ventilation safety feature? Seems to me that this would be a security risk! I am certainly glad it didn't happen during the wash :)

Any observations would be greatly appreciated. And YES, I did RTFM and couldn't find anything like this.

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was washing my 2007 328i coupe last Friday; it was in the 80's outside. After the washing I was pottering around in the garage for about ten minutes; when I went outside to drive the car back into the garage both windows were all the way down and the sunroof was open about nine inches. I do not have CA and the key fob was sitting on a bench in the garage until I picked it up to drive the car.

I don't know of any non-CA key fob feature that opens the car this way. The driver's door was unlocked; the passenger's, locked.

Is there some sort of "cabin overheat" auto-ventilation safety feature? Seems to me that this would be a security risk! I am certainly glad it didn't happen during the wash :)

Any observations would be greatly appreciated. And YES, I did RTFM and couldn't find anything like this.

Thanks
Not sure if this helps, but I do not have CA and if I press the open door for 3-4 seconds (on the fob itself) it will open all 4 windows and the sun roof... I believe that's by design as described in the manual.

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
Maybe you neighbor played a joke on you...

·
Registered
614 Posts
This has been an issue since the 2005 models were produced. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with CA. I don't know if it's been resolved, but I would call your dealer's service department and talk to an SA about it. Also, try doing a search here and on E90post.com.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Embarrassed

Well, imagine my embarrassment when I found out that all you have to do is press the "Door Open" button and the key fob and keep it depressed - the windows roll down and the roof opens! I noticed that as soon as I let go of the button the roof stopped opening, but additional pressing would continue the roof movement. Thank you, xeneize12. I wonder how I missed this in the manual - it's so well organized /s

So, my very first post on bimmerfest was a blooper:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, imagine my embarrassment when I found out that all you have to do is press the "Door Open" button and the key fob and keep it depressed - the windows roll down and the roof opens! I noticed that as soon as I let go of the button the roof stopped opening, but additional pressing would continue the roof movement. Thank you, xeneize12. I wonder how I missed this in the manual - it's so well organized /s

So, my very first post on bimmerfest was a blooper:eek:
Glad I could help... :D

·
Confessed Bimmer Fanatic
728 Posts
This happened to me one time several months ago. I parked my car at work and when I went to leave several hours later the windows were down and the sunroof was open. It's secured underground parking, so I had no problems from that perspective, but it was a bit disconcerting to say the least. It hasn't happened again, and I've never had my dealer look at it. Weird.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A dose of stupidity

Well, I think it's about time I closed this almost pointless thread. To add to my embarrassment, I went back to the manual, looked up "opening" in the index, went to the indicated page (19) and Lo and Behold, there was a very straightforward statement telling me that keeping the key fob "Open" button depressed will open both windows and the sunroof. So, I apologise for wasting everyone's time. Obviously I must have somehow unintentionally depressed that Open button continuously for three or four seconds. I will have to RTFM more closely next time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts