BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Roof not open/tilt, sit belt sign always on, no turn signal on the instrument cluster, it blink out side) All this happen at once this afternoon. Also the memory seat didn't go to my position unless I press it continously. It used to be pressing one time then it will automatically go the the position.
Any one experience this situation before. I might bring it to the dealership this afternoon or tomorrow morning.:dunno:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmm. Might be you need your computer software updated, but...
1. Did you know that if he car is running, the seat memory button has to be held down?

2. I had a problem with one of the seatbelt tensioners that caused the dash light to stay on until fixed.

3. The sunroof controls notoriously have demons. The computer "forgets" what position the sunroof is in, so the controls don't respond properly (at all) sometimes. To reset the stupid thing, push straight UP on the control and hold it there for 20 seconds. Should work after that.

4. Don't know what to tell you about the turn signal. Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yesterday, I stop by the dealer. They plug it in the computer, and they found no error code, and also everything works after that. But after a while, bad things come back again. I also discover some more things won't work, i.e. steering wheel button not working, one touch (roof) not working, key remote not working. :dunno: All odd things just comming out.
But after I let the car rest about an hour, everythings work fine again. Also yesterday is the first day this car experience above 80F. I got this car in last October, but I don't know if hot temp. can mess up the computer or not.
One more thing, I install the FirstAid kit yesterday, and I move around the power seat. I also wonder if I drain excess battery and make the computer lost memory.... Things are so odd!:( This is the first time I experience the infamous BMW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts