BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up my dudes! :D I just had an idea! I was browsing through some old threads on roof spoilers and trunk spoilers and all that, and I came across this:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=320800587437

I know some members on here have already installed this and said it looks great! My question is, do you think it would look good on my car? :D

I had a thread a while back on whether or not I should get a trunk spoiler and I decided against that but I think this may be subtle enough to give me just the look I need to put everything together :) plus, it's pretty cheap - so even if it looks terrible, I won't feel that bad :D

Let me know what you think my brothas!

·
David
3,549 Posts
What's going on Suri! You know how much I love your car. It is very original in the sense that it is both sporty and very classy.

I voted no in your previous thread because I thought a trunk spoiler would be too sporty for your car. In this case I think the roof spoiler would look great! It is very understated, but to the enthusiast it is a very nice addition.

I say go for it!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's going on Suri! You know how much I love your car. It is very original in the sense that it is both sporty and very classy.

I voted no in your previous thread because I thought a trunk spoiler would be too sporty for your car. In this case I think the roof spoiler would look great! It is very understated, but to the enthusiast it is a very nice addition.

I say go for it!
It's going good my man! How about you? I hear you're selling the 7? :(

Thanks for the compliments though buddy, I really appreciate it :D

And that's really all it took to convince me, I just ordered it :rofl:

Open and shut case gentlemen.

It should arrive sometime early January and then you know I'll have pics up ASAP :D

With this and the LED license plate lights I just bought, I think the rear of the 7 will be looking pretty fresh :rofl:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Next on my list is a roof spoiler. It's very subtle but looks clean.. I'm glad you went for it! Did you order one already painted or will have it painted? I'm not sure if I would wanna do the trunk spoiler as well or get a front lip. Any thoughts?

·
David
3,549 Posts
It's going good my man! How about you? I hear you're selling the 7? :(

Thanks for the compliments though buddy, I really appreciate it :D

And that's really all it took to convince me, I just ordered it :rofl:

Open and shut case gentlemen.

It should arrive sometime early January and then you know I'll have pics up ASAP :D

With this and the LED license plate lights I just bought, I think the rear of the 7 will be looking pretty fresh :rofl:
Mannn...I am not doing too well right now. I'm over at the fiancés best friends house. The company sucks!

But yeah, I just put the 7 up on autotrader a few days ago. It's an amazing car, but it's a garage queen, and it doesn't make sense to have a car this expensive with no warranty sitting around accumulating ~200 miles a month. I really want an '08+ M5.

I can't wait to see the pictures! Your car is going to look fantastic with the quad pipes, led lights, and roof spoiler. In Barbara Red I am voting you for best ass on bimmerfest!

·
David
3,549 Posts
Next on my list is a roof spoiler. It's very subtle but looks clean.. I'm glad you went for it! Did you order one already painted or will have it painted? I'm not sure if I would wanna do the trunk spoiler as well or get a front lip. Any thoughts?
How would we know without knowing what wheels you will have????

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input man! And it comes painted in the original oem color :D not a bad deal for $92, jump on it!

I think a front lip wood look SICK on your car. It's already amazing as it is but it might make it just that much more unique :thumbup:

As far as the trunk spoiler goes, I think that does depend on the wheels to some extent :rofl: so as David said, once you unveil your new 22 inch beauties to us, we will let you know :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mannn...I am not doing too well right now. I'm over at the fiancés best friends house. The company sucks!

But yeah, I just put the 7 up on autotrader a few days ago. It's an amazing car, but it's a garage queen, and it doesn't make sense to have a car this expensive with no warranty sitting around accumulating ~200 miles a month. I really want an '08+ M5.

I can't wait to see the pictures! Your car is going to look fantastic with the quad pipes, led lights, and roof spoiler. In Barbara Red I am voting you for best ass on bimmerfest!
Oh man, that doesn't sound like the best way you could be spending a Friday night! :( I noticed this was about an hour and a half ago, has it gotten any better? :rofl:

And sadly, that does make a lot of sense. I would be pretty scared not having any sort of warranty as well - so that may be the best choice, especially when looking at what you want in place of it :rofl: :thumbup: that V10 is a MONSTER :D make sure you don't leave us though if you make the switch! Keep chiming in from time to time at least :D

Why thank you for all your kind words sir :D I'm hoping it will all come together well! I'll get that all put on, get it detailed and put up TONS of pictures :rofl: and then we can have an e65/e66 "best ass" competition.

Put in your nominations gentlemen.

·
David
3,549 Posts
Sadly things got worse. A lot worse. I was actually involved in a double knock-out that I have on video that belongs on "ridiculousness". Thankfully I will be watching the cats game with my friends tonight so things are looking up.

Of course I will never leave this forum. It gets more and more fun daily as these cars depreciate in value.

Oh well, I can't wait to see pictures of the spoiler.

Go Cats!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Sadly things got worse. A lot worse. I was actually involved in a double knock-out that I have on video that belongs on "ridiculousness". Thankfully I will be watching the cats game with my friends tonight so things are looking up.

Of course I will never leave this forum. It gets more and more fun daily as these cars depreciate in value.

Go Cats!
+1 it really is funny especially the grammer.

Thanks for the input man! And it comes painted in the original oem color :D not a bad deal for $92, jump on it!

I think a front lip wood look SICK on your car. It's already amazing as it is but it might make it just that much more unique :thumbup:

As far as the trunk spoiler goes, I think that does depend on the wheels to some extent :rofl: so as David said, once you unveil your new 22 inch beauties to us, we will let you know :thumbup:
thanks for the compliments my man! i keep telling myself that i will stop with the mods but i can't help myself. my car is out of warranty but runs superb. exterior and interior is in immaculate condition. Getting an 06-08 750i or li makes no sense since the interior and exterior changes are minor. so my plan is to get my wife a 06 or 07 650i and then in a year look for either an 08 m6 or a alpine white 750li sport. i think the front lip is gonna make my car to low to the ground. i'll keep everyone posted on the rims. i can't wait to see your roof spoiler.

How would we know without knowing what wheels you will have????
wheels will be complete next week. at the paint booth right now resting. monday or tuesday he will start to put the rims back together.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Go Cats!
Haha that's unfortunate man! :rofl: And sounds great, we need you here to keep up the humor :rofl:

I will let everyone know as soon as it arrives, but I think it'll still be a while :bawling:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the compliments my man! i keep telling myself that i will stop with the mods but i can't help myself. my car is out of warranty but runs superb. exterior and interior is in immaculate condition. Getting an 06-08 750i or li makes no sense since the interior and exterior changes are minor. so my plan is to get my wife a 06 or 07 650i and then in a year look for either an 08 m6 or a alpine white 750li sport. i think the front lip is gonna make my car to low to the ground. i'll keep everyone posted on the rims. i can't wait to see your roof spoiler.
I know exactly what you mean buddy, once you start, it's very hard to stop :rofl:

And that's good to hear that you're running problem-free! No need to upgrade just yet in that case :thumbup:

And all those rides look like excellent choices, especially the M6 :D :bigpimp:

You are right about it running too low though, I'm sure it's pretty low as it is. I would hate to pull into a parking lot and risk scraping the front lip :yikes:

Thanks again man, I'll make sure to update you guys once it arrives :D

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I agree man! But they're pretty pricey :eek::rofl: And I don't know if I like how it covers the antenna fin on the roof :mad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-BMW...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item3ca938ec6d#ht_2554wt_1037
i don't like that spoiler at all especially how it covers the antenna. : puke:

I know exactly what you mean buddy, once you start, it's very hard to stop :rofl:

And that's good to hear that you're running problem-free! No need to upgrade just yet in that case :thumbup:

And all those rides look like excellent choices, especially the M6 :D :bigpimp:

You are right about it running too low though, I'm sure it's pretty low as it is. I would hate to pull into a parking lot and risk scraping the front lip :yikes:

Thanks again man, I'll make sure to update you guys once it arrives :D
my car is pretty low and that's probably why i'm gonna not do it. might do the trunk and roof spoiler but we will see. yea that's the plan, my car has been paid off already and it runs good so i have no reason to sell or trade in at any point. The wife currently drives an 08 mustang and has about 42k miles on it. i owe only 7k more on the car and it will be paid off as well. with $1,000 month payments i'll be done very soon but i'm thinking since the value of the car is worth more than what i owe maybe this is a good time to sell it and get a 6 series for her. This way i can enjoy my 7 and also have another bmw a 6 at that to play with and start modding. if i wait a year or so to sell the mustang then the value will drop so i'm not sure what to do. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Drop the stang, get the 6 :D as simple as that buddy :rofl:

·
The Entertainment Guru
11,231 Posts
What's up my dudes! :D I just had an idea! I was browsing through some old threads on roof spoilers and trunk spoilers and all that, and I came across this:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=320800587437

I know some members on here have already installed this and said it looks great! My question is, do you think it would look good on my car? :D

I had a thread a while back on whether or not I should get a trunk spoiler and I decided against that but I think this may be subtle enough to give me just the look I need to put everything together :) plus, it's pretty cheap - so even if it looks terrible, I won't feel that bad :D

Let me know what you think my brothas!
A "Roof Spoiler" is one of those MODS I refer to as, "Subtle yet full of Impact". It will complement your or ANY 7 IMO. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A "Roof Spoiler" is one of those MODS I refer to as, "Subtle yet full of Impact". It will complement your or ANY 7 IMO. :thumbup:
Thanks brotha! I always appreciate advice from one of the kings of bimmerfest :rofl:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.