BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum as of today.. I also have a question I'm looking into buying a 2006 330xi this Saturday. Does anyone have anything I should know about the car before I buy? Any help would be great

·
Stay Thirsty
266 Posts
Make sure it runs :rofl:

Seriously, search the forums for common problems, buying used, you can expect to put some maintenence $$$ in right away.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,103 Posts
Be sure to read the wiki. Do you have a link to info on the car?

·
Not Here Anymore
5,203 Posts

·
Chicks dig Wagons!
4,846 Posts
Is the sports suspension a lot better ?
Theoretically, sport suspension significantly improves handling and sacrifices ride quality. Practically, all versions of the 3 series offer excellent handling, and all versions offer somewhat stiff rides.

·
Not Here Anymore
5,203 Posts
And I live in Ontario, Canada and we get lots of snow so that's why I was thinking the x drive would be better. Is the x drive a lot better in the snow ?
Unless you have a specific reason not to go AWD I would recommend it. I had an E90 330xi and it was a great car. I can't say I had any problems with it but then I only put 3,000 miles on it before getting rid of it last month. My only complaint, and this goes for all E9x series, is the lack of space for a spare tire. Run flats are fine for around town driving but on long trips with many miles between towns a spare would be nice to have.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Check for maintenance records

Look under the oil filler cap for sludge build up due to the neglected and long
service Intervals .
Common problems are Head Bolt breakage , valve ticking
The sports package is a must for sport seat alone in my opinnion.
It allows you to wear the car rather than sit in it.
The car still will handle better than most cars without the sports suspension
but if you are a boy racer you might want it. Then you have to get the staggerd
tires setup and be prepared to shell out 1200+ bucks or more every 25k for tires.

Be aware of the Run Flat Tire issues and that there is no spare.
Look up run flat tires on this board most people don't like them.
I will change mine out when they ware out I think I have only had
one flat in 20 years and I have a cell phone and a towing service
so I guess I can live with that.

There is another quirk with all BMW 3's after 06(06 included) when the battery is
changed the new battery must be registered so that it gets the correct
charging rate.

Don;t buy into the lifetime fluids get them changed ASAP.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...-old-school-maintenance-schedule-our-m5s.html

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428361&highlight=marketing+for+fools

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey guys so i just thought i would let everyone know that i did end up buying the car and it is incredible ! (way better then my old 05 blazer lol). and @sunny5280 idk what your talking about because it deffinitly has the sport package? but id like to thank everyone for there help finding me a great car (knock on wood)

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts
hey guys so i just thought i would let everyone know that i did end up buying the car and it is incredible ! (way better then my old 05 blazer lol). and @sunny5280 idk what your talking about because it deffinitly has the sport package? but id like to thank everyone for there help finding me a great car (knock on wood)
He meant that the sports package for AWD cars does not have sports suspension...not that there is no sports package for AWD E90s.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.