Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 328i coupe, and I've been driving it for about 2 weeks and it's been blowing clouds white smoke when I push the gas more. And it didn't do it all the time, but I noticed it became more frequent. And I just got done driving it and about 20min later I went to go drive again and it started but it was now running very rough and blowing black smoke. I don't know what it could be. Any ideas how to find and fix this problem?

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
White smoke is an indication that water or watery liquid is being burned by the engine. Black smoke is an indication of an overly rich fuel/air mixture. That is the mixture has too much gasoline. Did you just buy this car?

Where are you located? How many miles/kms on the car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I have had it for almost a year now coming up in March. I'm in Houston. I bought the car with 84,000 miles now it has 96,500 miles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
disregard injectors, I thought you said n54. If you are blowing white smoke. It could be failed PCV which is the valve cover assembly or you have a head gasket leak. It's very uncommon for a head gasket leak unless you overheated the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts