BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installeda low mileage i6 in my91 e30 coupe. It runs great accelerates great but when it's idling, it lopes like it has a cam. There are no trouble codes present, I've installed all new ignition and verified that my new wires were routed right. I used Bosch plugs. Any idea what could be causing this?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm starting to think. I used Bosch Platinum. I adjusted the valves last night and it idles better but still lopes like a cam. I've done the smoke test so j know there are no vac leaks and I repaved a TON of parts during the swap including intake gasket. So that really eliminates all possible causes of a bad idle. I will say that once I hit the throttle, This thing screams

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
768 Posts
Have you checked the injectors? Is all cylinders firing? Do that first, could be the plugs, but I doubt it. I just had the same issue on my ride. I pulled the fuel rail and cleaned all injectors with brake cleaner, replaced all orings and presto. It now purrs like a kitten.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All cylinders are firing, No vac leaks and no codes. I have a modis and no codes came up. I adjusted the valves and it did a lot better then I installed an open air cleaner and cleaned my maf and it's idling really nice now. But now on occasion I hear some slight valve clatter between gears or deceleration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.