BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Joker226
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone...i have an 01 330i(90,200 miles) and the engine shakes really bad when i start it and then shakes as its idling then eventually shuts off....i took it to the mechanic and he said the air intake needs to be replaced...has this happend to anyone else? does anyone know what the costs of repair/parts should be? he said he would charge 510 for the job....thanks

i also had a bad oil leak from the oil filter housing and that cost me 275 to fix, is that about right?

·
No User Serviceable Parts
1,464 Posts
hey everyone...i have an 01 330i(90,200 miles) and the engine shakes really bad when i start it and then shakes as its idling then eventually shuts off....i took it to the mechanic and he said the air intake needs to be replaced...has this happend to anyone else? does anyone know what the costs of repair/parts should be? he said he would charge 510 for the job....thanks

i also had a bad oil leak from the oil filter housing and that cost me 275 to fix, is that about right?
If you have a torn intake tube elbow (very common), then it's repairable with common tools and the part costs about $12. Oil filter housing gasket is a bit more involved, and you can search for that repair here.

Generally, we don't know how much repairs are at a dealership or indy mechanic, as we are mostly DIY hounds! Many things on these cars are insanely easy to fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts