Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked this up and there's some confusion about how this can occur. Starter replacement through the top, intake out, it's an S50 swap intake on an S52 that I didn't do, so some things are abnormal, but I'm 86% sure I reconnected everything right. So, it starts up, chugs on the edge of stalling for a couple seconds then revs up so high I freak out and kill it. What the heck is that. Throttle cable looks fine, and action seems fine, but what else but a stuck throttle would cause that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,460 Posts
You have a big vacuum leak because you either installed something incorrectly or damaged something during installation. Nothing left to do other than go back in and see what's causing it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Anyone have a decent drawing of the electrical routing of the intake/ICV? After looking at it I may have swapped up the ICV and intake temp sensor connectors. If that's not it (or not possible) I'll trace the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have a decent drawing of the electrical routing of the intake/ICV? After looking at it I may have swapped up the ICV and intake temp sensor connectors. If that's not it (or not possible) I'll trace the vacuum lines.
Found the problem I think. The connection at the bottom of the manifold that goes to the ICV was pulled out, because the grommet holding the ICV broke and it pulled on the connector off. Putting it all back together tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts