BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Picking up August 5 mid day (the day after arrival) and plan to head immediately to Bressaone Italy where we will overnight on the way to Liguria. Google maps suggests three routes, the first south via the 95 to the E533 to the A22; the second (bit longer) via the 8 to the 318 to the 307 to the 181 to the E45 to the A13/A22; the third via the 8 to the 93 to the E45 to the A13/A22.

Any suggestions re pros and cons regarding scenery, fun driving etc?

·
Using SPF 45
3,669 Posts
Hi Everyone

Picking up August 5 mid day (the day after arrival) and plan to head immediately to Bressaone Italy where we will overnight on the way to Liguria. Google maps suggests three routes, the first south via the 95 to the E533 to the A22; the second (bit longer) via the 8 to the 318 to the 307 to the 181 to the E45 to the A13/A22; the third via the 8 to the 93 to the E45 to the A13/A22.

Any suggestions re pros and cons regarding scenery, fun driving etc?
None of those - go east, drive over the Grossglockner, and then go from the south end to Brixen.

Google Maps says it's 6 hours vs. 3 hours. Why not see something stunning and have fun driving there?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very tempting but not sure in a jet lagged state I'll want to take that much time. Maybe on the way back. I guess the three faster routes are equally blah?

·
Piacere di guidare
1,474 Posts
As you say, a lot depends on how you handle jetlag. For me, it takes a few days to adjust, and going that direction (I always want to drive the Stelvio), I always pick the first route of your trio: Garmisch/ Innsbruck/ Brixen-Bressanone. Plenty of magnificent scenery. Let us see/hear how it goes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Shoudl take no more than 3 hours via this route

Hi,

I am currently in Munich and have driven to and from Italy 4 times this last 2 months.

Fastest way is to go through the Brenner Pass, so take the A8 direction Salzburg and then follow direction to Innsbruck and then you will be in Italy.

Others are correct about beautiful drives, but the scenery is pretty good going this way as well.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Take the old road through the Brenner Pass. It parallels the Autobahn and goes through some pretty alpine farms, under the huge Europe bridge and near a number of old castles, forts and churches. Bressanone was a surprising gem when we went through 2 Christmases ago. Cool pedestrian zone and locals in costumes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts