BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 323i from what I thought was a reputable dealership, but I just noticed a problem after a week. The RPMs were bouncing quite a bit. It will be idle then go up to about 2000 then back and forth. It is a 5-speed if that makes a difference. It mostly does it when the gear box is in neutral (with or without the clutch depressed). But I can also feel it while I am driving - the car will seem to change speed just enough to be felt, then go back to normal (even if I have cruise control engaged).
I had the car for about a week and filled the tank for the first time today and that is when I noticed it. I used 92 octane; is it possible that the dealership used something different and the car is adjusting?

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I would also like to know what it is, as I have just bought a 325 TD, and the revs do the same, on idle it goes from 800 to around 950 rpm.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Air Meter? O2 sensor?
If you only bought it for a week, wouldn't be easier to take that back to the dealer to have a look at? I presume all dealers have some sort of warranty right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am definately going to the dealer with it, but it has not done it since then. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts