BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone eles having issues with traffic on there map I've noticed it's taking long to show on the map and some times it doesn't come up at all not sure if BMW is having issues it used to come up right away it's been like this for about two days it's a 21 530

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,713 Posts
RTTI is a voluntary system. For instance Wisconsin does not participate. Every time on my travels that I have needed RTTI it has been effective, notifying me of blockages and of alternative routes.

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,600 Posts
I'm in MD, and over the last couple months I've also had occasions where the traffic info was delayed or not shown at all for a couple of short trips. Maybe this happened 3 times and once it was very inconvenient. I don't think it's a problem with our cars, bit an issue with whatever is generating and sending the data.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in MD, and over the last couple months I've also had occasions where the traffic info was delayed or not shown at all for a couple of short trips. Maybe this happened 3 times and once it was very inconvenient. I don't think it's a problem with our cars, bit an issue with whatever is generating and sending the data.
Agreed o don't believe it's an issue with car there has been occasions where traffic didn't come up since I've owned the car either was delayed or if I take a short trip it didn't come up at all but not as much as it has been for the last 2 days my car's been at my girlfriend's location so maybe it is a spotty in this area

·
Registered
162 Posts
At least in the uk, the map data is supplied by "here maps" part owned by bmw and mercedes plus others. If you can find the us data supplier then you can message them or find a site where data outages are logged?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,713 Posts
HERE.com does indeed supply the map database and updates and program. Not RTTI

·
Registered
2020 BMW 530e xDrive
1,142 Posts
I would try resetting iDrive (holding the power button until it restarts).

I've had this occasionally and a reboot has fixed it every time. I've chalked it up to the car being unable to initiate a cellular data connection for whatever reason so it can't download RTTI data.

HERE.com does indeed supply the map database and updates and program. Not RTTI
For BMW cars with iDrive 7 (MY2020+ for the G30) RTTI is indeed supplied by Here. BMW uses the Here "Live" platform which supplements traditional RTTI data sources with real-time information from BMW (and I assume other makes) cars. This is what gives these cars RTTI accuracy under 1 minute in markets with a lot of modern BMW cars.

·
Registered
2018 BMW 530d
43 Posts
(New Zealand) I have had a few times this year where it simply refuses to load any traffic information as well. Shutting down the iDrive doesn't fix it. Usually it comes back a bit later on, but you never know how long it will be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys just wanted to revisit this I'm still having issues with Traffic flow it seems to have gotten worse after the last firmware update. it will show traffic flow when I first start the car say in the morning then say take short trip come back to the car maybe hour later traffic flow will not display then the next ride it will come right up. It's been very inconsistent lately not sure if I should take it to the dealer it used to happen every now and then now it's everyday any thought 2021 531

1 - 11 of 11 Posts