Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TMS Grand-AM Cup Crew
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and couldn't find anything. Anyone have an opinion on what the best product to clean/protect these seals with would be?

TIA

-DM:bigpimp:

T

·
0 Posts
Daniel said:
Did a search and couldn't find anything. Anyone have an opinion on what the best product to clean/protect these seals with would be?

TIA

-DM:bigpimp:
I ain't no detailer, but I say Gummiphledge.

·
M Mad
10,479 Posts
Re: Re: Rubber Door/Engine Bay Seals

TD said:

Agreed

·
Registered
590 Posts
Seals

Zymol Seal also works well. I also make sure to wash the area on the frame where the seals touch whenever I wash the car.

--gary

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
GummiPfledge appears to be good as a protectant/lubricant, but I wouldn't use it as a cleaner. If you're not going to use a dedicated rubber cleaner (like the AutoGlym 'pee' stuff that Marco sells), I'd use a general surface cleaner that's OK for rubber, then follow it up with the GummiPfledge.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've heard that the Wurth Rubber Care Spray

is good. It does not contain silicone, which supposedly degrades rubber over time.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Believe it or not- BMW's own "GummiPfledge" product contains silicone- which is a definite no-no when taking car of rubber. this will turn the rubber brown and allow it crack sooner than doing anything at all. I'd say use the Wurth product or just plain old glycerin soap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would recommend a product such as Zymol Seal, Meguairs Rubber Care (i think that's what it's called), or Turtle Wax "Formula 2000 Super Protectant". I use the turtle wax and it hasn't caused any problems and seems to do a good job at preventing 'sticking' of the rubber which leads to rips etc.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Re: Re: Rubber Door/Engine Bay Seals

TD said:

Where are you guys finding Gummiphledge? I have kept an eye out for this rather unique sounding product and have yet to find it...

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rubber Door/Engine Bay Seals

Chris330ci said:

Where are you guys finding Gummiphledge? I have kept an eye out for this rather unique sounding product and have yet to find it...
I've yet to use mine but I got mine from a dealer. BMW 82 14 9 407 015

The best rubber cleaner I've seen to date is one from Auto Glym.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts