BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between Ruby Black and Carbon Black? Anyone has any pics to show the differences between these two colors? Thanks.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Of course

One's Ruby Black and the other is Carbon Black.:rofl:

I am sure one is more darker then the other.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Ruby Black is from BMW Individual. It has a deep purple hue especially under direct sunlight. Very striking. So if you like black and also like maroon/purple (but somewhat subtle), Ruby Black is for you. I posted a picture of a Ruby Black 6 convertible here. Do a search.

carbon Black is black, no other subtle tones.

·
weRe not in kansas anymoR
793 Posts
650iOzBoy said:
carbon Black is black, no other subtle tones.
never wishing to disagree with a fellow Knight :angel: , i must point out that carbonblack...is actually mostly blue!!!! but its a wierd color that looks nearly black if the sun is not hitting it directly...

...part of the reason i didnt get an e60 was the fact that BMW NA would not sell me an Msport which is available in CB....its one of my favorite colors BMW has ever made... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
m630 said:
never wishing to disagree with a fellow Knight :angel: , i must point out that carbonblack...is actually mostly blue!!!! but its a wierd color that looks nearly black if the sun is not hitting it directly...
OK. ;) BMW makes many "blacks". But I'm sure about Ruby Black though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
m630, you said that they won't sell you an e60 with Carbon Black, but the pictures you posted are pics of a Carbon Black e60. It is beautiful!!!

·
793 Posts
xdrive said:
m630, you said that they won't sell you an e60 with Carbon Black, but the pictures you posted are pics of a Carbon Black e60. It is beautiful!!!
what I meant is that BMW NA wont sell me an e60 in CB, but the rest of the great world can buy it all day, it is available as a color choice on the e60 M-Sports, it really is beautiful....id luv to see the e63 in it :rofl:

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Sounds like "carbon black," with the blue in it, is like Clark Kent's hair in the comics -- so black it is blue. So we can really call it Clark Kent Black.

·
793 Posts
carbonblack is an individual color also, and another fav of mine is azurit black metallic...hotttt.:yikes:

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what is azurit black? It looks similar to carbon black. Is it also a blueish black? How much does these individual colors cost?

·
793 Posts
its another individual color selection possible, its more black than blue, rather than carbonblack which is the other way, but, they are not available in the US :mad:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've heard that the Individual line will be in the US soon. Anyway, Individual is pretty expensive. I've read from other forums that if you want the Merino Leather, it will cost you 3,000 Euro! I wonder how much would be for the paint. At this price, it isn't really an option, imo.

·
793 Posts
im not convinced about Indi in the US any time soon...i had a lenghty discussion on this with a senior exec at BMW NA and they believe it will cause a drop in overall car values, i could not accept it as an answer as i dont see how that is possible nor necessary if the requirement is that you must purchase the car outright without leasing options available....i argued with her in a friendly way of course but i could clearly see that this subject is well know and discussed at NA, and they are not going to disrupt the dealer network...i hope it happens in the next 3 years so i can order my next 6er as an indi, but im not holding my breathe, as this person report directly to the head of BMW NA Marketing...i got time though..the price wouldnt be a big deal, at this price whats a few more $$$$ on further distinction, and just really cool colors :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.